Blaze orange law tweak!

Wear your orange. It’s the law and it may keep you alive.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
People need to relax and wait for confirmation of their target whether I forgot my orange or not! Somebody’s wife, kids or husband is waiting. You can wait long enough for a deer confirmation before shooting. I’ll never assume everyone is wearing orange because they just aren’t and I never assume something is a deer because it often isn’t. When it is “definitely a deer” is when I go deciding when and where I should shoot at it or not. It’s just a deer not the very last deer and it might not be a deer at all. Know before you shoot beyond a shadow of a doubt.

People need to relax and wait for confirmation of their target whether I forgot my orange or not! Somebody’s wife, kids or husband is waiting. You can wait long enough for a deer confirmation before shooting. I’ll never assume everyone is wearing orange because they just aren’t and I never assume something is a deer because it often isn’t. When it is “definitely a deer” is when I go deciding when and where I should shoot at it or not. It’s just a deer not the very last deer and it might not be a deer at all. Know before you shoot beyond a shadow of a doubt.
You would not. But you are not every one. Allot of bush shooting goes on every year. Folks with high powered rifles who have no business in the woods slinging lead and indiscriminate shooting goes on all the time. I hunt private land and where I hunt we wear our orange. All the examples are elevated stands. So you are behind camo in a tree. Never saw a deer climb a tree..

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
He better hope that thing don't have to go pottie

tucker80

So 2 hunters are on public land, hunter 1 shoots deer after "confirming and knowing" his target. Shot passes through and hits hunter 2 that hunter 1 never saw due to no orange. Happens all the time to turkey hunters. Orange is there for a reason. To each his own I guess.
I even wear mine walking out of public holes duck hunting when deer season is still in. An orange vest is a pretty cheap insurance policy.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m wearing my vest in my advey pic. Shot that deer sitting on a chair on the ground looking at deer trails.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
And my point is when you give a hunter an inch, he takes a mile, as we already see with all the hunters that already take their hunters orange off when they get in the stand even though we have a law against that!! If you passed the law that they didn't have to have them on I can hear them already saying geez, I forgot to put my vest on when I left the stand, or I left my vest in the stand the last time I was in it and forgot to bring it out with me, or, and I believe this will be the most used statement, my stand is only 50 yards from where I park my four wheeler, I don't need a vest for that short of distance. It's not you that you have to worry about....it's the "other" hunter you either don't see or don't know is out there that you have to worry about and, unfortunately, like I stated, you give a hunter and inch and he takes a mile.
Then the guy gets a ticket. Or gets shot. Or neither. I don't have an opinion on orange. But all these hypotheticals are meaningless.

Lilly001

Motion is your enemy. Not orange.
That is why I don't wear an orange hat when deer hunting, but I do when rabbit and quail hunting.
I don't even buy camo anymore. But stay away from blue clothes. Studies say deer see it best.

Lilly001

Orange shows as a light color. And deer can see movement of light on dark better.
Your head moves the most in a stand. So no light hats. I even wear a face net to cover my white beard.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
So 2 hunters are on public land, hunter 1 shoots deer after "confirming and knowing" his target. Shot passes through and hits hunter 2 that hunter 1 never saw due to no orange. Happens all the time to turkey hunters. Orange is there for a reason. To each his own I guess.
I even wear mine walking out of public holes duck hunting when deer season is still in. An orange vest is a pretty cheap insurance policy.
If they was to pass a law to prevent a bullet from going trough a deer and hitting a random guy behind it, they'd just outlaw hunting.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE