Bottom of the 9th and 2 outs

Hillbilly stalker

That pretty much describes the chance I gave my cur to coon hunt. Our season went out March 15 at 11:59 pm. Well at 9 pm, me and my buddy decided to start coon hunting, we had 3 hours left in the season. My buddy has always hunted hound dogs, never a cur. I had told him in the past I have had 5 or 6 curs tree a coon on their first nite in the woods. He always looked at me like I had a banana growing out the side of my head…..ain’t no way. Or so he thought.:rolleyes:. We joined a deer club just to have a place to knock around this summer, maybe kill a couple birds this spring. I loaded up ol John Jimmie and headed for the creek. It was about 9 pm when we turned out. Now John Jimmie has been my squirrel dog in training, but he hadn’t ever seen, smelled or heard a coon before. We walked him down the creek for about 400-500 yards and he quickly adjusted to hunting at night. Well directly he went about 75 yards up in the mouth of a holler and set down on one. We got to looking and ol Tom hollered out “ I got him”. Sure nuff John Jimmie had treed him a coon. I tied him back and knocked it out to him. He like the taste of fur when I cut him loose.:biggrin2:. I hate I got started so late in the season, but I convinced an ol hounds man what a good blooded cur could do. We will get em next year if the good lords willing and the creek don’t rise.
3018979F-1CE9-4E10-AB42-8DF60A567898.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
What a beautiful dog! My first hunt ever was with a pit/cur mix that was a hog catching machine named Spike……..what a great dog!