Great day to listen to a Cur dog bark!

sprewett

A fella GON brother, invited me to go squirrel hunting. He had a new dog only had a week that we took because his female was in heat. We absolutely had a HOOT! The squirrels weren't moving to good but listening to the dog and the camaraderie of the hunt is more thrilling than the kill. We ended up meeting up with another nice fella with a Kimber dog (I believe that's right) and we had a big time. We ended up with one squirrel the only one seen all day but it was a blast. The best part is my son and I got invited to come back. Looking forward to the return trip to see that cur dog try and climb a tree after a bushy tail bandit.

Doug B.

A fella GON brother, invited me to go squirrel hunting. He had a new dog only had a week that we took because his female was in heat. We absolutely had a HOOT! The squirrels weren't moving to good but listening to the dog and the camaraderie of the hunt is more thrilling than the kill. We ended up meeting up with another nice fella with a Kimber dog (I believe that's right) and we had a big time. We ended up with one squirrel the only one seen all day but it was a blast. The best part is my son and I got invited to come back. Looking forward to the return trip to see that cur dog try and climb a tree after a bushy tail bandit.
Always fun to hunt with a dog! Glad you and your son enjoyed it.

The other dog you mentioned may have been a Kemmer Cur which is a strain of mountain cur.

TurkeyH90

That is what it's about. Some years our annual hunts are the only times I get be around some of my friends.