Mountain Cur

OffTheBeatnPath

Do any of y’all happen to know of anyone who’s got a litter of mtn cur planned for anytime this year?
Ain’t on Facebook and having a hard time finding anything

OffTheBeatnPath

Squirrel doggin' is a great way to introduce youngsters to hunting.
They don't hafta sit still and quiet.

A wide-ranging dog might be too much walking for smaller kids (and old men!) to keep up with,if the squirrels are scarce.
I tote my toddlers with me every chance I get. Figured a cur would be about as good as they come for a meat dog to hunt over for them

turkeykirk

What’s the cost range for a mountain cur?

Mac

TurkeyKirk,
I am seeing $250 to $400 in my area of West GA, for a puppy.

sprewett

Do any of y’all happen to know of anyone who’s got a litter of mtn cur planned for anytime this year?
Ain’t on Facebook and having a hard time finding anything
I went with a guy back at first do season that had a litter he was getting ready to sell, I believe. At least he was showing me pics of pups.
I'll text him tomorrow and let ya know for sure.

sprewett

If you have young kids you want to introduce to hunting,take 'em squirrel doggin'!

Try to find someone with a trained dog to take you and your kids out for a hunt.When you see how much fun it is,you will be glad you did.
He and I both absolutely had a blast. Another very nice gentleman on GON offered to take me as well. We had a date planned but my grandpa died and my grandmother has basically given up now so been tied up however, hoping to give him a call soon to set up another date before the end of season.