Bow vs Crossbow - what should I do..advice

bany

I was getting back into bow hunting a few years ago. While tuning in and practicing with a new bow something in my forearm/elbow went BAD. It’s still a problem today. I bought a crossbow and I’ve had a blast. Happy it’s legal most every where.

deermaster13

I understand the debate. I have one of the first Matthews MQ1 bows. Love it, killed alot of deer with as well. I replaced the limbs about 8 years ago and Matthews actually warrantied them out. Now I find with my hand and arm dealing with arthritis I can't pull it back so I am seriously considering the cross bow this season.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The older folks will remember the bows we were shooting when the season got permitted. My first was a Browning it had wheels, no cams for let off. The sights were brass pins with bright paint on the end. The rest was a little plastic arm. We are a long way from that now.

catch22

The older folks will remember the bows we were shooting when the season got permitted. My first was a Browning it had wheels, no cams for let off. The sights were brass pins with bright paint on the end. The rest was a little plastic arm. We are a long way from that now.
i do remember seeing those in pawn shops growing up. its really crazy to think how technology has advanced and what we call "primitive weapons" are far from primitive. Still not sure what I am going to do. Sending a kid off to college is expensive, so I may just stick with my ol switchback xt for another season. thanks again for all the responses

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
i do remember seeing those in pawn shops growing up. its really crazy to think how technology has advanced and what we call "primitive weapons" are far from primitive. Still not sure what I am going to do. Sending a kid off to college is expensive, so I may just stick with my ol switchback xt for another season. thanks again for all the responses
Enjoy whatever you decide to do and good luck.

Pruitt1

I'm all about slinging arrows everyday and love hunting with a bow. I personally think what ever you enjoy the most wether bow or crossbow you should get and shoot and enjoy the season with the one you choose. Good luck on your choice and have fun with it.