Bowhunting Clothing

What brands of clothing have you had success with during early season bowhunting? Coolness, moisture wicking, help with scent control, etc.

benellisbe

KUIU has been fantastic for me in both Georgia (early/late) and out west chasing elk. I plan on taking it with me to Alaska next year (hopefully) to chase Moose.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Just tried for the first time yesterday, some Kryptek Valhalla pants. Ultralight, thin, breathable, and flexible. Initial impression, I like them very much. We'll see how durable they are. 80 degrees and muggy in the woods while I was scouting yesterday afternoon. My Kryptek Hyperion shirt was soaked through, but was virtually dry by the time I drove the 10 minutes home.

Bubba_1122

I have some new stuff for bow season. Have a pair of relatively light camo overalls (I like the overalls - should help keep ticks away from my waist line). Will wear a light weight tech material shirt and leafyflage.

When it gets cold I always layer with polypropylene and wool sweaters (buy sweaters in March and April from Jos Banks for cheap).Top layer will be a relatively light camo jacket.

Most of my camo is Bottomland. Kind of reminds me of my old Treebark camo days. I like it.

Leaning Kryptek now due to the negative reviews on the tearing and durability of the First Lite pants.....you never know when that blood trail will lead you through some boogery stuff. I would hate to rip a high dollar pair of pants.

The Donk

Rocky Venator Camo performance shirt and polyester burr pants. Great gear for the price and I have worn the heck out of them.

Last edited:

ASH556

Mountain Khakis or 5.11’s with a black Columbia Omni-shade fishing shirt. It works!

7C208E73-B98C-4134-9C95-F0C5294293FD.jpeg

gtb3440

I've always worn Mossy Oak stuff that I bought over 20 years ago. Since I lived and hunted most of my life back East, I would just layer up over Under Armour Cold Gear as the temps got colder in PA, MD and VA.
But I found out recently that my niece's fiancé is one of those sponsored bowhunters and has a hook with Sitka. I could never afford any of their gear, but my brother can and loves it. So with a 60% off 'family' discount, I went nuts and bought as much as I could. Bought all Elevated II pattern - ESW hoody, Equinox Hoody, ESW Pants, Gloves, Hat, Celsius Midi Jacket. Got the Stratus Jacket in my cart, but it doesn't get cold enough here in GA for that one.
The material is amazingly comfortable and warm and has a lifetime warranty. Can't wait to get outside and try it all out.
And to all of my new-found brothers out there, don't even ask - sorry about that.

strothershwacker

Them thin merino wool shirts are very nice in our Georgia humidity. Sweat em up going in and they'll dry in just a few minutes without stinking! I like the hooded ones because it keeps skeeters of my ears. If yer like me and camo isn't that important, you can pick up the olive green ones from camofire.com some days for half the price of Firstlite. I think there blackovis brand. I've been using them for a while now and will say there awsome for what we do.