Boy is so smart he confounds me at times.....tonight's dinna fail

Dub

Wore slam out.

Night shifts whupped up on me and finally ended this morning.

Chores done got a nap, superhot shower, two cups of coffee and some time to chill with dogs.

No energy to cook a thing.

Kids said they were busy studying and such. Final exams upcoming, We agreed...they'd go get a to-go order....I'd pay and hold down the fort in their absence.

Vietnamese food was what was decided on.

Son suggest some type of soup for me. I vehemently objected. NO SOUP for me. I am not now, nor ever have been, a soup person. I sure as heck don't want "soup to go"......and certainly not tonight.

He emailed me the menu...pulled it up on my laptop.....and I showed him what I wanted....conspicuously numbered and had him see what I was chasing.

He comes back an hour later.

Guess what he brought me......some type of noodles, sprouts and raw meat that you pour hot broth over to "cook" it.

Negative. Halt. Hold the door.......NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Raw meat that you "cook" by pouring to-go broth over ??? How does this even seem like a good idea.

Nope. Not gonna do it.
He claims that was a mix up on their end.....the fact that a bowl and a container of broth were clearly visible in the bag he brought me never registered.

Crazy smart kid.....misses the obvious sometimes.

So....grabbed my keys and hit up ole Chic-Fit-A just before they closed.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I have to say, what ever the heck that is he brought you back, has to be the worst thing I’ve ever seen posted in here. I wouldn’t even throw it in the trash, I’d burn in a 6 ft hole, filled with gas! :bounce: That chick-fill-a will work, though.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Fa is awsome! BUT, there ain't no way I'd get it in this country as take out. You done good Dub!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Chicken was a mo Betta choice for sure.

specialk

When i worked in cham-bodia we eat it quite often....beef tripe ...sliced tissue thin....would cook instantly in the broth.....that broth was hot enuff it would warm the sun a few degrees ...

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
This is why my limit is Mexican or Chinese if it isn’t American . I have to ask , what are the chunks of grey things .

Dub

My wife warned me that "those kids eat some crazy stuff, Greg....you outa see it it.....it looks squirmy and I can't tell what it is".

I'd call her from work and check in with her to see what was going on at the hacienda. We'd get a laugh at the developments underway with our son and his girlfriend. She and I were in agreement that we grew up in the glory days...teenagers in the 80's and that our boy was making the best of navigating the current times.

She was raised on the same Southern cooking as I was....and it's what we enjoyed as a couple, too....with the occasional Messican nights out. Sometimes....sometimes....we'd have Chinese food.

I think she'd be proud of how I have tried to embrace their ways.....but these kids go too far sometimes, I tell ya. Trying to trick an old man. :rofl:

This is why my limit is Mexican or Chinese if it isn’t American . I have to ask , what are the chunks of grey things .

Unidentified gross stuff that wasn't happening. :rofl:

slow motion

Wife and kids eat it and love it. Went on the wife's bday. Posted pics on March 30 supper thread. Food delivered by a robot. You choose your protein. One of the choices was tendon. I'm with you. If I've got to cook it myself I'll stay at home.

ambush80

I love Pho but I’m not sure about the “do it yourself “ kit

I've made it at home plenty. You can buy a "broth kit" at Bu Hi Framer's market full of bones and jiggly bits that you boil for a hundred hours. They sell the different meats all sliced paper thin, too. Good stuff.

When my daughter was real little I made sure she tried all kinds of stuff, even a fish eyeball once. We even ate our first lamb testicle together recently. It was pretty good. She'll eat anything now and it has benefited her when we travel abroad. Her school friends love to see what she brings for lunch. Allot of them are adventurous eaters also, not like when I was little and got teased for bringing Filipino food to school. "Ew! It smells!" Food is amazing.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer

Dub

It's all good.

I've got a pot of chili on simmer right now.

By the time they little butts show up this evening it's gonna be smelling like a TexMex cantina all up in here.

Non beef-eating types who think it's funny to bring ole tired Dad home a bag Pho mess gonna recognize.

I'm the chief up in this piece and I don't ever...not never...engage in shenanigans when it comes to eats.

Mess with a man's food is like messing with a man's horse.

Last night....for all I know they tried to feed me horse.

Millions of people outa work....and they thing they can become clowns. :rofl:

Latest posts