Brandon wants hunters to use copper ammo

HughW2

Brandon is supporting a USFW proposed regulations that by 2026 all Federal Reserves will require hunters to use non-toxic (copper) ammo instead of lead. So if you plan to hunt Piedmont NWR or Bond Swamp you better go buy some Barnes ammo now; I am sure there is about to be a price increase due to increased demand. Luckily, Georgia is primarily privately owned, but the western hunters that have to deal with lots of federal lands are about to see ammo cost go through the roof.

Once again Brandon shows his true commie colors and tries to drive firearms supply cost through the roof to limit acccess.

Check Fox News for the article.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I guess Biden will buy it for me? How about my traditional muzzleloaders? My .22s?

I want Biden to use a plastic bag and a rubber band.

WishboneW

Would this apply to corps land around Georgia lakes?

Good questions about muzzleloaders. I use copper plated lead in my turkey gun and really do not want to use that expensive stuff

HughW2

Would this apply to corps land around Georgia lakes?

Good questions about muzzleloaders. I use copper plated lead in my turkey gun and really do not want to use that expensive stuff
Just Federal Reserves at this point (here in GA: Piedmont NWR, Blackbeard Island and Bond Swamp). But I would think any federal land will quickly follow if the dems have their way.

ucfireman

I was just talking about this yesterday.
They cant get regulations on firearms so they will target the ammo.
A firearm is of no use without ammo. Except maybe beating someone with it.

Jim Boyd

Smart to have Barnes bullets on hand just in case this does come about.

Good news - it is the best deer bullet I ever used.

Death Ray on deer.

I have confidence that smarter minds will prevail but having some Barnes on hand is a good thing either way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Smart to have Barnes bullets on hand just in case this does come about.

Good news - it is the best deer bullet I ever used.

Death Ray on deer.

I have confidence that smarter minds will prevail but having some Barnes on hand is a good thing either way.
Barnes bullets don't work in rimfires and traditional muzzleloaders. And they suck on deer-sized game, IMO. I tracked a deer 300 yards once after I double-lunged it with a Barnes TTSX from a .300Winmag. No expansion at all. All soft tissue. No bones hit. Exit wound was the same as the entrance wound. Just like FMJ. That deer would have dropped in sight with a lead softpoint.

furtaker

Barnes bullets don't work in rimfires and traditional muzzleloaders. And they suck on deer-sized game, IMO. I tracked a deer 300 yards once after I double-lunged it with a Barnes TTSX from a .300Winmag. No expansion at all. All soft tissue. No bones hit. Exit wound was the same as the entrance wound. Just like FMJ. That deer would have dropped in sight with a lead softpoint.
I've only killed one with a TSX and I was far from impressed. I had to look for that deer for a long time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just Federal Reserves at this point (here in GA: Piedmont NWR, Blackbeard Island and Bond Swamp). But I would think any federal land will quickly follow if the dems have their way.

Never hunted any of them but if I do I'll definitely be a law breaker.

Jim Boyd

No they do not work in many firearms. No one is gonna dispute that.

Double lunged deer even with an arrow rarely go more than 100 yards. I am sure yours did.

I am sure gun and bow are different.

There are ZERO absolutes in most things and fatally wounding a deer is in that category.

My experience is precisely the opposite.

Wild guess is that I have shot maybe 40-50 with a TSX - from 15 to 200 yards and from 50 to 210 lbs or so.

Again wild guess but based on experience:

- 90% DRT
- 5% 1-2 steps
- 5% 10-40 yards

That 5% was clearly my fault, in that I did not break down the structure.

I did have one fail-to-recover with a Barnes and I am chalking that up to me, also. 90% sure I hit a limb and it deflected. Had a good search party and I was positive where the deer was standing and exactly where it went. Zero sign.

The Barnes is a proven performer and thus, the popularity and sales.

One anecdotal failure (and we believe ya) is no difference than one anecdotal failure with, for instance, a CoreLokt or a Muzzy.

But, all of that is secondary to this: the last thing I want is more government or more regulation.

That is one of the reasons I do not get wound up about state or federal lands. I do not need the government to take care of me.

I care where my money goes but have largely realized that once it is extracted from me, I don’t have much control.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nope, the TTSX are no good at all. I wouldn’t buy any of them if I was you. The .308 is particularly bad. :whistle:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No they do not work in many firearms. No one is gonna dispute that.

Double lunged deer even with an arrow rarely go more than 100 yards. I am sure yours did.

I am sure gun and bow are different.

There are ZERO absolutes in most things and fatally wounding a deer is in that category.

My experience is precisely the opposite.

Wild guess is that I have shot maybe 40-50 with a TSX - from 15 to 200 yards and from 50 to 210 lbs or so.

Again wild guess but based on experience:

- 90% DRT
- 5% 1-2 steps
- 5% 10-40 yards

That 5% was clearly my fault, in that I did not break down the structure.

I did have one fail-to-recover with a Barnes and I am chalking that up to me, also. 90% sure I hit a limb and it deflected. Had a good search party and I was positive where the deer was standing and exactly where it went. Zero sign.

The Barnes is a proven performer and thus, the popularity and sales.

One anecdotal failure (and we believe ya) is no difference than one anecdotal failure with, for instance, a CoreLokt or a Muzzy.

But, all of that is secondary to this: the last thing I want is more government or more regulation.

That is one of the reasons I do not get wound up about state or federal lands. I do not need the government to take care of me.

I care where my money goes but have largely realized that once it is extracted from me, I don’t have much control.
Bonded copper bullets are designed for thick-skinned game. Not 100 lb deer. They don't expand like spoftpoints unless you hit bone. I gave them a fair shake, and shot a bunch of game with them. I not longer use them. I would if I was hunting moose, Cape buffalo, and such. Not southern whitetails.