Broadhead discussion

oppthepop

Hey friends - I switched over to the QAD "Exodus" broadhead last season after Second Chance Archery built me an awesome Obsession Phoenix bow. They recommended the Exodus. I am getting old (yes!) so I went down to a 60 pound bow and was a little nervous as I have always shot heavy bows, heavy arrows, broadheads, etc. The little Exodus is only 85 grains. But WOW does it ever perform! Shot this buck at 20 yards and blew through the front shoulder, complete pass through, and he fell on the spot. Guess I will be stocking with this combo when I head to Illinois in November!

Attachments

• CR1.JPG
    CR1.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 405

fountain

They are very good heads and very strong. I love them and always have ato least one in the quiver.
For a fixed head I do believe the qad and shuttle t are at the top of strong fixed blade heads. I give the edge to the qad for a little bigger cut.

Ihunt

60lbs is more than enough. Especially with COC heads and decent weight arrows. Congrats

bowhunterdavid

60 pounds is plenty enough with todays bows, that's what I have been shooting for two years now because im getting older to. For fixed blade heads Exodus fly great never killed one with them but I have shot them in the back yard along with ramcat, both fly good for me. I shot 100 grains but 85 will do the job.

Steve08

Hey friends - I switched over to the QAD "Exodus" broadhead last season after Second Chance Archery built me an awesome Obsession Phoenix bow.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
The Exodus is great and 60 pounds is perfect, great choice.

Soybean

I shoot the 100 grain full blades. They are my favorite broadhead to date. Ive taken several deer with them. Never had a blade bend, they are built like tanks, and fly great. I have not shot every broadhead out there but I have shot many. My quiver totes nothing but QAD exodus now. I love em.