Broadhead Sharpening

Fishin & Hunting

This honing jig from Stay Sharp has really improved my ability to get my broadhead blades sharp. Anyone else out there using this, or something like this jib. It has brought my sharpness level up several degrees.

Attachments

• stay sharp.JPG
    stay sharp.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 53

Hillbilly stalker

For a flat blade like thunder heads or slick trick..,. I use a paint scraper that holds a single edge razor blade. The old ones that have a thumb screw in the middle. I put a fine piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and drag it backwards. If you wanna go to the next level of sharp, use the backside of a real leather belt for a strop and do the same thing. I’m anal about sharpness, I sharpen new ones to my standards. I get several kills out of each as long as they ain’t chipped too awful bad. For Muzzys I use a little diamond file you get for sharpening shears or pruners. Their about $5 at the Home Depot. I free hand all mine. A jig would sure straighten the learning curve for folks.F7BDAB71-CE99-4CA4-A84B-A52210B02FBA.jpeg

Last edited:

DSGB

I got one last year to start using on my Slick Tricks. That reminds me, I gotta get some more sandpaper.

Kris87

I use the same one. I use 400 and 1000 grit paper. Scary sharp.

Ben1100Mag

I use the Stay Sharp system and I also use a Modified Landsky on my Simmons heads.