Bruised ribs

Doboy Dawg

Tough time of year for such an injury.

Reason being is all the sinus & chest crud that folks are passing around. You DON'T need that mess right now.

Last time I had something similar the doc was adamant that I ensure I breathe deeply....no way do to it vigorously.....but good long intakes....until it hurts...then a bit more.

Don't fall into the trap of short & shallow breathing.

Extra-strength fast acting version of Tylenol dosed alternating with Aleve sure helped, too. I was alternating every couple a hours between the two.

Keep breathing 'til it hurts. It's gonna hurt anyway so you might as well stave off the chest & sinus horrors as best you can.

Hang in there.

Your post is a good reminder to us all to consider putting down those grip enhancers in the tub & shower floors.
My wife, a radiology RN, told me the last time I bruised my ribs the doctors don’t wrap you up tight anymore because of the breathing issues. They discovered wrapping you tight had a higher risk for breathing issues than just letting nature take its course, which is basically what the ER doctor told me, time to cowboy up.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Broke ribs are not funny. To make your story much more interesting, add a female or two. Just don’t let your wife know!

Core Lokt

FWIW...

A lot of people don't know this but when CPR is properly administered, damage to the ribs frequently occurs. Most people don't push hard enough to actually compress the heart.

I didn't know this until a few years ago.
Yep, had a firefighter tell me if you aren't cracking or breaking a rib you aren't doing it right.

Bruised ribs feel loke broken or cracked ribs.... At least mine did. Get well.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I had a fire hose tester half fall out of the back of a pickup truck once, the half inch ball valve hit my ribs and stopped it before I could catch it. Bout 3 weeks for the bruise to heal.

And proper CPR will break ribs. Life over limb and such.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I wish mine was a good story.
I slipped in the tub facepalm:
I landed so that it really hit kind of under my ribcage so that the outside edge of the tub (pretty narrow) was against the inside of my ribs. If that makes any sense.

My fat gut probably helped keep it from getting more damaged.
Might be time for a nursing home, T. They have TVs in them. You can watch all the Auburn and Dawgs games you want in there. And they play bingo, I hear. I’m sure they have ‘puters in there too, so you could still get on here and tell us about all the scandalous nursing home stuff going on.

Best of luck, T. Heal up fast.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Might be time for a nursing home, T. They have TVs in them. You can watch all the Auburn and Dawgs games you want in there. And they play bingo, I hear. I’m sure they have ‘puters in there too, so you could still get on here and tell us about all the scandalous nursing home stuff going on.

There’s assisted living housing here that offers happy hour 3 times a week. Any beverages of the residents choice. He’d fit right in. $4,400.00 a month rent though.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Broke ribs are not funny. To make your story much more interesting, add a female or two. Just don’t let your wife know!
That story is about the spider bite on my upper thigh and the two female nurse practitioners

Or my vasectomy and the nurse helping the doctor was a high school crush of mine. With my wife standing there watching. And lightening struck and the power went out during the procedure. Mercy facepalm:

Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
And jello

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
There’s assisted living housing here that offers happy hour 3 times a week. Any beverages of the residents choice. He’d fit right in. $4,400.00 a month rent though.
Are drinks included or extra ?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member

And jello. Lots of jello.

Lindseys Grandpa

Dang hope you recover fast . I thought I cracked one about 3 weeks ago but I was wrong cause pain only lasted about 2 weeks .