How long does this take to go away? I have stuff to do :banginghe

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Did you hear the joke about……

Hope you heal up soon T.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Prayers brother. Did CPR on a guy a month or so ago. 3 cracked ribs and 2 dislocated ribs. He will feel better in 6-9 months.

A friend at UGA cracked ribs with a terrible bought of bronchitis back in the day. It caused great pain for him to cough, laugh and sneeze. We broke out our best jokes for him.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I suspect The Redhead is having the same ideas since I started having heart problems. Only thing though is in a lot of my ramblings they would need a helicopter or boat to get to me in most of the places I`m in nowadays.
You could get you one of those drones that they pull deer out with

CamoClad

It took me about 6 weeks to get past the spasms that "take your breath" and then a couple more months to get the residual pain to fully subside (felt more like a bruise after those first 6 weeks).

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Wrap it up good and tight and ingest as much Irish whiskey as your system will tolerate without rejecting it (use the cheap stuff just in case). Find a quiet place and wait for 2 to 3 weeks for this treatment to have the proper effect. Renew the application of whiskey as often as needed to remain sane during the recovery process.

Toliver

FWIW...

A lot of people don't know this but when CPR is properly administered, damage to the ribs frequently occurs. Most people don't push hard enough to actually compress the heart.

I didn't know this until a few years ago.
Fact. And it can be a bit disconcerting when you're feeling them pop and break under your hands.

madsam

The next chapter in my never ending list of injuries is bruised ribs

How long does this take to go away? I have stuff to do :banginghe
I bruised my ribs about 5wks. ago. I still feel a slight pain when I go to
lay down or move a certain way. I still remained active with chainsaw,etc. so
I think this may have prolonged my healing. Some days you feel healed and the next you feel like u re injured....

oldfella1962

Prayers brother. Did CPR on a guy a month or so ago. 3 cracked ribs and 2 dislocated ribs. He will feel better in 6-9 months.

A friend at UGA cracked ribs with a terrible bought of bronchitis back in the day. It caused great pain for him to cough, laugh and sneeze. We broke out our best jokes for him.
Dislocated ribs? :oops: That would be about as painful as we can ever imagine. :(