Bucket list task completed

godogs57

No, not a Booner buck. Not even close. Got this 2 1/2 year old cow horn buck this evening with a very special vintage weapon. I absolutely love taking the old stuff hunting with me and this pistol fits that description. Seven years ago I inherited my uncle’s Colt Single Action Army pistol. She’s chambered in 45 Long Colt and is a “first generation “ issue. I got Colt to send me her history and their records showed she was shipped to Richards & Conover Hardware in Kansas City on August 15, 1907. She’s 115 years old! All this time I had wanted to get a deer with this old gunfighter’s pistol and Lady Luck kissed me on the cheek this afternoon. A 260 grain lead bullet, cast by me, did the job at 30 yards. BBF331E5-60E1-4421-93B6-BA926AFB8A9B.jpeg

3797195A-771F-4A15-8452-C823225A5B5B.jpeg
Oiled back down and back into the safe she goes.

Blackston

Congratulations!!!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No, not a Booner buck. Not even close. Got this 2 1/2 year old cow horn buck this evening with a very special vintage weapon. I absolutely love taking the old stuff hunting with me and this pistol fits that description. Seven years ago I inherited my uncle’s Colt Single Action Army pistol. She’s chambered in 45 Long Colt and is a “first generation “ issue. I got Colt to send me her history and their records showed she was shipped to Richards & Conover Hardware in Kansas City on August 15, 1907. She’s 115 years old! All this time I had wanted to get a deer with this old gunfighter’s pistol and Lady Luck kissed me on the cheek this afternoon. A 260 grain lead bullet, cast by me, did the job at 30 yards. View attachment 1195150

View attachment 1195151
Oiled back down and back into the safe she goes.
One of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

I have a Colt 45, it doesn’t have the history yours does but this gives me a goal to accomplish!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! What a gorgeous gun and beautiful buck to boot! Way to go dog! You know I’m truly thankful for men like your uncle. He is certainly one of my hero’s! Thanks for sharing!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Awesome! Congratulations!!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s the cats meow right there Mr Hank!!

DSGB

That's awesome! No telling what that gun has been through. Congrats on the accomplishment!

Seminole Wind

I don't know how many deer you have killed, but this one has to has to rank near the top. Pretty gutzy to hunt with that old timer, and got the job done perfectly. Well done!

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
That is AWESOME! Congrats on a good kill with such an amazing pistol. I hope this somehow makes it into GON magazine!