burn areas

common man

Just wanted some general advice about hunting around burn areas for turkeys, Do you hunt the edges or set up right in them?

Dupree

They typically use the edges more than the middle, depending on the size of the burn. I hunt wherever he is gobbling.

LEGHORN

Anywhere, in and around. In my experience, the turkeys love it. It’s a bit harder to keep from being spotted; but I think that’s one of the reasons they’re there. Plus, everything is black; turkeys are black. They blend in well; except when they’re strutting all around and that sun hits em. Man what a sight.

Dupree

Anywhere, in and around. In my experience, the turkeys love it. It’s a bit harder to keep from being spotted; but I think that’s one of the reasons they’re there. Plus, everything is black; turkeys are black. They blend in well; except when they’re strutting all around and that sun hits em. Man what a sight.
The older mossy oak break up that is really dark seems to blend the best out of anything I’ve worn in a fresh burn.

Gut_Pile

Larger burns (100+ acres) they will typically stay within a couple hundred yards of the edge.

But they are turkeys, they can be anywhere