Butcher shop

Hello all,

Let me first say I am new to this forum stuff. And not sure how to use it. So don’t rag on me to bad if I mess this up.

Anyway I’m planing my hunting trip to Fort Stewart for this fall. (Never hunted on it before) but looking to see if there is a butcher shop around in the chance we get some deer or pigs. Or how do we get rid of the carcass if we cut it up. Also if anyone has some hints on places to go on Stewart would be greatly appreciated.

Buck70

Welcome to the Fire. I know absolutely nothing about Ft. Stewart or the processors in the area. But I am sure someone will come along and give you some information.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m sure there is processor’s in the area . And most people just dump the carcass in the woods , it will be gone the next day ! Welcome and good luck

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
That’s we usually do with the carcass as well. Just was not sure if allowed to. Going to be renting a house so this way if we do t find a place that will cut them up we can just do it ourselves.
I bet a google search will get you started on processors.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Welcome to Woodys! Someone will be along soon with some help for you

coastalredneck

Wise Brothers Processing is pretty close. Probably 20 minutes from the Ellabell Gate (C4,C5). They clean and dispose deer. Do not take hogs. Been doing my processing for many years.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member

Tideup

Our club has a track that Borders Ft Stewart on the west side ( Glennville, Ga) . I use Rackettown Wildlife Club. You have to join Rackettown, but there is no fee. The will take your deer either way you prefer. They will skin and process or take a cutup deer, they don't do hogs and I'm not aware of anyone that does due to the state restriction on use of their processing equipment.

slow motion

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you. Hang around. Lots to see here. Lots of other subforums here too. Also we like pictures. Pics of game if you're successful. Pics of the woods. Pics from past successes. We just like pics as long as they are family friendly. Again good luck.

Jim Boyd

Been 35+ years but E7 was my favorite area and F16 close behind.

Think Pond 4 is gone now but Metz Range Pond was a bass man’s dream back then also.

Lord, the stories we could tell.

Good luck.

All thanks for the help I will be sure to check them all out. We were going to Alapaha for our hunts the past few years but wanted to try something new

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you. Hang around. Lots to see here. Lots of other subforums here too. Also we like pictures. Pics of game if you're successful. Pics of the woods. Pics from past successes. We just like pics as long as they are family friendly. Again good luck.

Attachments

• 3EB8164A-9782-430F-A384-BC4BC1D84644.jpeg
    3EB8164A-9782-430F-A384-BC4BC1D84644.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 020A07CE-639A-4429-932D-A63EA1B3E853.jpeg
    020A07CE-639A-4429-932D-A63EA1B3E853.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 34

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Hello all,

Let me first say I am new to this forum stuff. And not sure how to use it. So don’t rag on me to bad if I mess this up.

Anyway I’m planing my hunting trip to Fort Stewart for this fall. (Never hunted on it before) but looking to see if there is a butcher shop around in the chance we get some deer or pigs. Or how do we get rid of the carcass if we cut it up. Also if anyone has some hints on places to go on Stewart would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to THE Campfire Bro, pull up a stump and join in the chats. You just found the best place on the webs. Jump on over to the "New Members Intro" thread and introduce yourself to the rest of the family.

slow motion

Nice. Always wanted to try a moose hunt. Pretty coat on the bear as well.