Call to Duty - long post

groundhawg

Message from a Veteran:
While we all have some ego and a need to be loved and recognized I feel I can speak for most if not all who have served our nation not just as members of the military but as what we now call “First Responders”, those of us who support them and the wonderful family members that we often burdened with our duty. We never served for glory, medals or awards, but for God, our country and family. The poem below says it better than I can.

The Call to Duty

A call to duty is sent out
and the strong and the brave reply.
They do it for love of country,
So there's never a need to ask why.
They leave behind all that they love,
Their families, their homes and their lives,
Because to preserve these precious things
Is the goal for which each soldier strives.
So God bless our troops,
The courageous women and men,
Who fight to make sure
The bells of freedom peal again.

I saw such a display of service several years ago during a memorial for Veterans Day. During the outdoor service the wind picked-up and gusts threatened to push the flags to the ground. Immediately several of the Korean and World War II veterans on the front row rose and grasped hold of our nation’s flags. These men stood the rest of the service supporting the flags so that they could not be blown over. It then struck me that for almost 250 years any time our nation, our flag was threaten. Anytime hardships, war, terror, divisions due to race, creed, hate, or religion threaten to push our country, our flag, to the ground that men and women across this mighty nation have risen up and stood tall and strong until the winds were once again calm.

I like the way Mr. Cyrus wrote and sang about freedom in his song shown here.
Billy Ray Cyrus - Some Gave All
I knew a man called him Sandy Kane
Few folks even knew his name
But a hero was he
Left a boy, came back a man
Still many just don't understand
About the reasons we are free

I can't forget the look in his eyes
Or the tears he cries
As he said these words to me

All gave some and some gave all
And some stood through for the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
And if you ever think of me
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all

Now Sandy Kane is no longer here
But his words are oh so clear
As they echo through out our land
For all his friends who gave us all
Who stood the ground and took the fall
To help their fellow man

Love your country and live with pride
And don't forget those who died America can't you see

All gave some and some gave all
And some stood through for the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all

Think of all your liberties and recall, yes recall
Some gave all

Some gave all
The word above, in bold print, mean so much, freedom is never free, someone had to pay a very dear price for our freedom.

Below are some Bible verses that relate to freedom we have in Christ. Freedom can be defined in several ways for different individuals. Some people are in bondage to fear, to sin, to other people, to circumstance. Through Christ we are assured God delivers, rescues, frees, and releases Believers from all kinds of chains: be they physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. I pray you find some verses here to help you understand the freedom God offers you.
“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36

How To Receive this Freedom In Christ:
ASK God: “Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.” Psalm 6:4
THEN: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
BELIEVE: “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
GOD PROMISES: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
UNDERSTAND: “But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation.”

My closing words.

"A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what is in front of him. A soldier fights because he loves what he left behind." – Unknown

My Prayer for those who have, are now and will someday serve our country.
For those who have served in the past, for those who are serving now, and for those who will soon join the fight, Lord, shield them from all evil, strengthen their hearts, and bring them home safely.
"God is our refuge and strength. He will protect us and make us strong" (ps 46:1).
Thank you,
Greg

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

A great post for the day! Thank you!