Three strikes you're out!

gordon 2

"This saying is trustworthy. And I want you to emphasize these things, so that those who have believed God will take care to devote themselves to good deeds. These things are excellent and profitable for the people. 9But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, arguments, and quarrels about the law, because these things are pointless and worthless. 10Reject a divisive man after a first and second admonition,…"

Can bible study be turned to foolishness? How can I know when bible study is wholesome or just an obsession, perhaps unintentional and unseen yet vanity or of a conviction that under the banner of edifying the body of believers, it is a proof text of my rabbit hole as opposed to yours? Is the bible a means of venting my displeasure in the sins of others and to show where my works and prayers have lift for wings and yours are rock sides?

What does the bible say? Those who know their bible what does it say? Those who know Paul what does he say? And those who know God what does God say? And those that are with the Holy Spirit what is He telling you to answer me with? Those that are built on love what do you say? Where is the line whereby we reject each other in Christ? When is bible study not edifying? When do I cross the line and into rejection? Can bible study ever be turned to foolishness?

Last edited: