camofire thoughts

Gaswamp

I take a look at camofire daily. I have noticed that if you are patient, you can find some good prices eventually especially on stuff that has less demand. However, after a recent purchase of a shirt, I started wondering if the deals are as great as I once thought. After tax, shipping protections charge and shipping, my shirt was bumped another $12.50.

Compared the shirt to another website and if you qualified for free shipping (over $75) there really was not much difference. Anway still a good site but wish they offered free shipping at a certain price point. Any thoughts?

Gaswamp

you think that since black ovis owns camofire there would b a free shipping option

KentuckyHeadhunter

Camofire makes you think you're getting a deal until you see the taxes and shipping. I look at it daily also but I think that's the catch. Make you think new deals every day, but not really.

ddd-shooter

Back when it started and they actually had overruns, surplus and discontinued items, it was great.
Now it’s a way for black Ovis to get rid of extra stock.
Way overrated on most items. Every now and again they’ll have a deal. It’s more the exception rather than the norm

GregoryB.

I have been a customer since around 2011. Use to be some good deals. Now before I buy I do a quick Google search and compare. Other than some Black Orvis Merino wool pieces I haven’t purchased much recently. Haven’t been impressed with the speed of the processing and shipping on my last few orders, one took over 2 weeks just to ship not including another week to my door.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have been a customer since around 2011. Use to be some good deals. Now before I buy I do a quick Google search and compare. Other than some Black Orvis Merino wool pieces I haven’t purchased much recently. Haven’t been impressed with the speed of the processing and shipping on my last few orders, one took over 2 weeks just to ship not including another week to my door.
IKR!?! Get it in the mail already! I haven’t used the site but buy pretty much everything online if I can find it. I also use eBay and amazon to compare prices…….most sites shipping fees destroy what would be a good deal. I bought a camping coffee percolator at Walmart 3 days ago, after seeing online prices that were actually higher .

menhadenman

They’ve quickly moved from good deals to spam. I did order something the other day but again not an impressive deal at all. They use the allure of a potential deal to get you in front of potential purchases. I may unsubscribe soon.

Robust Redhorse

It is almost ancient history now, but much of this stuff used to be made in North Georgia, before Clinton and NAFTA.

The companies paid less much less than $10/piece for everything to the American textile companies.

Now, they are paying much less to the Chinese to manufacture, and it costs American consumers at least 6X more.

Nearly all of our former factory workers now work for the government.