Camp Cook Semi Failure

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I wanted some good old fashion pot roast like we used to have before the Mississippi Style was introduced. I also wanted to try to do it on the Akorn Jr. Turned out tasty. The failure part is I let the liquid boil out and almost ruined by scorching it. Plus I forgot to take a plated pic. My brother and sister in law loved it. The weren't no leftovers. I had to bend up the pan to make it fit. I'm gonna get me a small Dutch oven to use in my Jr.

I seared the meat on the Blackstone first.IMG_20231127_115446074.jpgIMG_20231127_120418897.jpgIMG_20231127_121949182.jpgIMG_20231127_122100541.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted some good old fashion pot roast like we used to have before the Mississippi Style was introduced. I also wanted to try to do it on the Akorn Jr. Turned out tasty. The failure part is I let the liquid boil out and almost ruined by scorching it. Plus I forgot to take a plated pic. My brother and sister in law loved it. The weren't no leftovers. I had to bend up the pan to make it fit. I'm gonna get me a small Dutch oven to use in my Jr.

I seared the meat on the Blackstone first.View attachment 1272460View attachment 1272461View attachment 1272462View attachment 1272463
That looks mighty good to me!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wish I'd have taken a plated pic. It tasted good.

specialk

I seared the meat on the Blackstone first.View attachment 1272460View attachment 1272461View attachment 1272462View attachment 1272463

i've never cooked a MS style roast, i like the old style too much to change....i do mine in a crockpot...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member