Can the kids shoot center fire during primitive?

The Rodney

Primitive Weapons

During the statewide primitive weapons deer season, youth under 16 years of age may hunt deer with any legal deer firearm. Additionally, youth under 16 years of age may hunt deer with any legal deer firearm during any WMA primitive weapons hunts.

I am going to call and ask but an I correct in thinking my 13yo boy can hunt with his .243 Saturday?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Primitive Weapons

During the statewide primitive weapons deer season, youth under 16 years of age may hunt deer with any legal deer firearm. Additionally, youth under 16 years of age may hunt deer with any legal deer firearm during any WMA primitive weapons hunts.

I am going to call and ask but an I correct in thinking my 13yo boy can hunt with his .243 Saturday?

Which Saturday are you asking about?

PappyHoel

Yep, moms and dads will be shooting deer for their 2yr olds a week earlier than those people that don't have kids.

WinMag.300

saturday

THIS Saturday is the 4th. Next Saturday is the 11th.

The Rodney

durrrrrrrrrrr.... That is what I meant :) Feeling pretty smart about now! We are scouting this weekend. Unarmed of course.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Yep, moms and dads will be shooting deer for their 2yr olds a week earlier than those people that don't have kids.

Maybe. Maybe not. I am sure it does happen just like people shooting bucks at night, shooting small bucks in restricted counties, shooting does on wrong days, catching over their limit or undersized fish, shooting turkeys during deer season or fur bearers with deer rifles, ad nauseum...

I will be taking my two sons with centerfires so they can hunt. But I can't worry about the potential poaching scenarios across our state it would make me go crazy. I'll focus on getting my kids onto a deer. If you don't have a kid that is young enough to participate, then take one who is and get them into hunting. :D;)

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My boy will hunt with his little 44 handi rifle for the first time with me next Saturday!!!!
We're pretty fired up!!!
If he behaves and listens to mamma and dadda of course :bounce:

The Rodney

Sea Trout there is nothing that is going to keep you and your boy out of that stand next week.... you're more excited than he is!

cfuller6

You got that right. Can I borrow a kid?

Yep, I'm taking my nephew and he will " Pull the trigger"!!!JK I would never abuse the system but it happens ALOT every year i'm sure. My luck if I tried that we would get interrogated by DNR and he would tell on me .facepalm:

HuntinDawg89

People who want to kill game illegally are going to kill game illegally. If they do it I hope they get caught.

Personally, I hunted the opening weekend of ML season with my 9 yr old daughter for the first time last year. It was WEIRD going deer hunting without a weapon of my own. I did grab her .243 and shoot a coyote with it but she didn't get her deer until later into the regular rifle season. She and I are going to be out there on the 11th with just her .243 again and I can't wait.

If someone wanted to kill a deer with a rifle during ML season why wouldn't he just get one of the modern muzzleloaders with a scope on it that basically shoots just like a centerfire rifle? That'd be a whole lot easier than risking an unpleasant meeting with Mr. Green Jeans. My muzzleloader isn't even sighted in. If I was hunting without my daughter I'd just bow hunt.