Carolina Jasmine

slow motion

At least that's what Google search says. Took a weekend trip to the FL. Panhandle. From Lagrange to FL. little yellow flowering vines all along the roads. Probably so noticeable because not much else is greening up yet. Wife says she needs to know what it is. Might want some in the yard. Went to deer camp close to Sparta yesterday and broke a piece off and brought home. See if it will root. Is Google correct? Don't want to spread something invasive.

20230228_062227.jpg

slow motion

Thanks everybody. Guess I need to wear my reading glasses. Coulda swore it said jasmine. Good thing it wasn't Cleopatra's snake. Might of gotten in trouble for inappropriate language.

westcobbdog

At least that's what Google search says. Took a weekend trip to the FL. Panhandle. From Lagrange to FL. little yellow flowering vines all along the roads. Probably so noticeable because not much else is greening up yet. Wife says she needs to know what it is. Might want some in the yard. Went to deer camp close to Sparta yesterday and broke a piece off and brought home. See if it will root. Is Google correct? Don't want to spread something invasive.

View attachment 1212810
I have pulled and replanted yellow jasmine from Hancock also.

Shrimpngrits

It’s the namesake for the par five 8th hole at the National. Which is pretty cool if you’re a golfer.

I’ve wanted for years to plant one of each of the 18 named plants on our place…

Killdee

I think you’ll need to dig it up, not sure it will root . You can also buy it in most any nursery and Home Depot.

Killdee

If you keep it on a fence like this it has to be trimmed regularly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 29

slow motion

If you keep it on a fence like this it has to be trimmed regularly.
There's some in White Plains that's on an arbor similar to how people grow grapes. Just a quick glance but it looked like the vine was very thick. The way old muscadine vines get. But as I said quick glance, could be wrong.