Catch thread 12/25

sportsman94

I’ll also say that todays pullout could have been a hog. The only hair in the jaws that I could make out was from the coyote caught previously. Both this trap and the one next to it were thrown. The one next to it had no sort of catch circle or disturbance, but could have been a big hog in that one and a smaller one in the one with the catch circle. The ground was too hard for me to see any tracks or additional sign

Doug B.

@sportsman94 if you really want to check the speed of the trap set it and see if your fingers or the trap is faster… :ROFLMAO:. If the trap wins and you pull out then you know the springs are weak. If you stay put and need help getting out then it’s user error.:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yes! This would be a great way to test all of your traps! Make sure though and have somebody video it! That way you will have a record of which traps need to be fixed!
:rofl:

Doug B.

One red fox and a strange double this am. Guessing these piglets and their family are the reason for some of my pullouts with small catch circles. The hair is almost blonde like coyotes

View attachment 1199405View attachment 1199406
It looks like you may have solved the mystery of the pullout. I still think it wouldn't hurt to check the springs by stickin you hand in the trap! It's the only way you will know for sure!! ::ke: :rofl:

PS: coyotes ran last night and I still couldn’t catch them. Went right by some sets.
That's why you don't want trail cameras or snow!!

Doug B.

Dang! I wonder if he dug down beside the cable stake and pulled it out.
I'm definitely not going to say that couldn't happen, but that would almost seem like it knew what it was doing if that's the case. Also if that's what he did then he stayed busy from the time he was caught til he pulled it up which is not a stretch for a coyote. A lot of them do stay pretty busy but if this one dug down beside it then he certainly had a goal in mind. That's one of them headscratchers that nobody will ever likely know how exactly he done it.

That's as much a possibility as anything furtaker!