Cell phone idiot here

ucfireman

I have a question about my cell phone.
I have a Samsung S9 and I have a 32 Gb micro SD card for pics and videos.
Well it said it is full. So I was going to replace it with a 128 or even bigger. Maybe even a 1TB
My question is, does the larger size cards work the same as the smaller ones? Meaning I have seen cameras that say they support to 32Gb or something similar and they don't always work correctly with a bigger or smaller card. Do the phones work the same way?

Can I save my pics and videos to a new card and then insert it into the phone so I still have them on the phone?

At this time I don't use Samsung cloud or Google cloud for storage. Thought about it but don't trust it

2 More different questions now.
1. My phone is on Xfinity and supposedly runs on Verizon network. I had an update about a year ago that changed the way my Group text messages work. It used to work normally and an individuals text would show in the group chat.
Now they go to their induvial text and show as "multimedia". I have to tap them and then they show up and can be read in the group chat. Very aggravating.

2. I had an update about a week or 2 ago. Now when I get a phone call or sometimes try to make a phone call I get a pop up at the bottom that says "smart calls keeps trying to close" and gives me the options of ignoring it, closing the app. or reporting it. The problem is I don't see that app name in my "Apps" and when I try to tap any of the options if just goes away and then pops back up 2-3more times. The goes away and seems to work right. Aggravating too.

I assume these are Xfinity problems as my friends with Samsung phones don't have these issues? Anyone?

GoldDot40

You can transfer date from one memory card to another. You might find it's easier done with a computer though. Your phone specs should tell you what size memory card it will accommodate. Phone specs should be easily found through a Google search.

I'm still using a Galaxy Note 8 and I have a 128GB card that I use for photos, music, videos, etc. I try to keep the apps I use the most on the phone's internal memory as it seems to allow then to run faster.

pjciii

The phone will have a micro sd limit. Most likely on s9 around 128gb. You can put in a larger card but it will only use the the phone max spec. As was said just unmount it stick into you home computer and transfer it all over. Reformat card and stick it back into phone.

georgia_home

we have 2 Samsung phones and they are not good with memory management or things are messed up between the phone and the App Store.

Phone memory says 450meg free, update size on App Store says 25m. And we get the full message.

After and before every update, goto the setup part, under memory, clear cache.

That usually helps get the current update in.

We’ve moved apps to the chip, from phone memory, but never seems to work.

Next upgrade; wife is taking the “new phone” iPhone and running with it.

ucfireman

Tried to reset the preferences, that didn't work so.
I got tired if it not working. Took it to the Xfinity store this morning. Explained what it was doing, Had no answer. I asked about the "Factory reset" and asked if it would screw up the xfinity stuff or lose my contacts or pics etc. She said no, so we did.
It seemed to have fixed the issues. At least until the next "update".
Did have to reinstall some apps and change some preferences but.