Cell service in Lincolnton

Hvacguy

Hey everyone, my buddies and I secured a lease in Lincolnton this year and I was wondering if anyone down there can tell me what cell service works better for cellular cameras, ATT or Verizon.

Hvacguy

I got two reveal x’s but they are at&t. My buddy has AT&T and his cell reception wasnt that great when we were scouting out the property this weekend. I am wondering if I need to try and get the Verizon models.

across the river

Verizon will have more coverage in the area by far, but there are spots that you can't even make a call with Verizon. There are some places that T-mobile is better that Verizon, but it is hard to tell. If you have access to a phone on each to take, that is the best way to tell. If I had to pick one of those two I would go Verizon, but like I said, there are places in Lincoln county that won't have either.

ChidJ

I hunt around Lincolnton pretty frequently and have Verizon. The sevice isn't great most places but I can make a call if necessary. No streaming music or youtube videos, etc etc even in town. I think I remember sitting down at the Hardees in town being frustrated my pictures wouldn't send to buddies after a hunt

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I am curious if your property might be in the southern end of Lincoln County as I know that area really well.

I grew up in southern Lincoln County and still own property there in the Double Branches/Martin Crossroads community. I don't use cellular cameras BUT I have used Verizon cell phones for many years now and thankfully, I get fairly good service...and it was especially good for a couple of emergencies that I encountered in the past and needed an ambulance.

I do know that pretty soon, there will be two more cellphone towers erected in that area and one is Verizon but I don't know the name of the other one yet. One will be located along Ashmore-Barden Road near the small bridge over Cherokee Creek and the other one will be located very near the Crossroads location of Double Branches Road and Hwy 220 East intersection.

Feel free to send me a p/m if I can help you you as I knew most all of the original property owners back when I was growing up and I still spend time up there very frequently.

Last edited:

Anthony61

BANNED
I got an update from my hunting buddy in Lincolnton. He says Verizon was working but a tower went down and Verizon refuses to repair it and that depending on where you are you may need AT&T or Verizon.

Your best bet is to buy 2 cameras one on Verizon and one on AT&T.

Anthony61

BANNED
The answer is always Verizon.

I disagree. I find that this is what people always "think" but that many times AT&T is much better at that location but when they only have a Verizon camera they have no way of knowing any better.

;)There is a camera on the market that supports both carriers in a single camera and that you can activate both sims and try both carriers at the tree and see which one is better. Then if you move the unit to another area you can change sims and carriers on the fly without buying two cameras.

Anthony61

BANNED
Better have an external antenna with anything you choose in that area.

I strongly agree. Even if the camera works but signal is marginal, a booster antenna will save your battery/improve battery life and pay for itself in the long run with fewer battery changes.

Anthony61

BANNED
Ive found out that cameras have better reception than phones. I assume because of better antennas.

Cell cameras generally will get better reception than a cell phone because they have much higher gain antennas even without a booster antenna. And I mean the ones that come in the box with the camera. I have talked to many "people" who will get Verizon or AT&T signal on the camera yet their cell phone is useless at that location.

whitter

BANNED
We all have a tendency to rotate cams into different areas and some of those areas are weaker than others. It is a very nice feature to have a camera that will take both providers so you have the option if needed. One of the main reasons for my choice of the Ridgetec cams. One of my service areas is very close to the lake near Lincolnton and I have to use a booster antenna to have reliable service ATT.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I disagree. I find that this is what people always "think" but that many times AT&T is much better at that location but when they only have a Verizon camera they have no way of knowing any better.

;)There is a camera on the market that supports both carriers in a single camera and that you can activate both sims and try both carriers at the tree and see which one is better. Then if you move the unit to another area you can change sims and carriers on the fly without buying two cameras.

Disagree all you want. I run the cellular program for a billion dollar logistics company and have literally traveled the US and overseas testing VZW, ATT and TMOB devices. VZW is hands down the biggest and strongest network in the US. It's not even close.

whitter

BANNED
Disagree all you want. I run the cellular program for a billion dollar logistics company and have literally traveled the US and overseas testing VZW, ATT and TMOB devices. VZW is hands down the biggest and strongest network in the US. It's not even close.

Sir, even with all the travel and experience, you will have to agree that not all areas get the same reception for which ever network you are looking at. There are dead spots that Verizon fails to work in yet the ATT equipment will work good. The cellular RF "signal pattern" for an area is much stronger in part of the coverage area and weak in others. Having a device that can measure both signals for a given area will verify this fact. The dual network cams can do exactly that. Tizz da lokation of da antenna dat izz impoortnt not da kumpany.:unsure: