Cherokee County leasing hunting rights

PappyHoel

I’m sure it’s already spoken for by a friend of a friend who knows someone.
The problem is who determines who gets to lease what. Stuff like this always seems to go to the Comissioner’s brother in law, etc.

I didn’t post this earlier but you beat me too it. By law they probably have to announce it.

PappyHoel

So Jeffery Doss gets to lease county owned land for $9/ac. I want to join the club
That wouldn’t happen to be the husband of Marla Doss on the Cherokee county commissioners board would it?

Construction board of appeals

Probably just a coinky dink

PappyHoel

I doubt this thread survives till this evening :rofl:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
It sounds like another back-door deal that happens just like it does in most every other county around the country. You gotta know somebody that knows somebody and greasing of the palms happen every minute of every day !!!!

You would think that it would have to be advertised for bids as such as the overall money is supposed to be added into the county treasury. This way is fair and could easily create even more money into county treasury.

Chrisco6

Maybe Maybe Not. My county leases a tract of land.
Takes sealed bids. It is fair.
Not saying that funny business doesn't go on, we all know better. But it could also be legit?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
That wouldn’t happen to be the husband of Marla Doss on the Cherokee county commissioners board would it?

We’re lucky he paid fair money.
I was told by a county official that you occasionally can get permission from any county commissioner to hunt county property.
At least he paid a reasonable honest price. IMO.
It’s all in who you know.

Sixes

I wonder if the county plans to divvy that back to us taxpayers:ROFLMAO:

I know of some big deer that have come out of that area in the last few years.

I wonder what other lands owned by us that they are going to lease out. I know a place on down the Etowah that I would love to have the lease on.

This kind a situation is an absolute joke and I plan to find out how these leases are distributed, no way this is a fair deal, except for the guys that got the lease.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I say that everybody who has paid taxes in Georgia especially Cherokee County show up on opening day of deer season.

I am out of state but pay property taxes in Georgia, I might show up for moral support.

Yeah, it can be called "open bid" just for legal purposes but the "winner" was decided way before that. Welcome to small government USA.

Major Wader

I wonder if the county plans to divvy that back to us taxpayers:ROFLMAO:

I know of some big deer that have come out of that area in the last few years.

I wonder what other lands owned by us that they are going to lease out. I know a place on down the Etowah that I would love to have the lease on.

This kind a situation is an absolute joke and I plan to find out how these leases are distributed, no way this is a fair deal, except for the guys that got the lease.

It's just one guy, and the research that I did seemed to indicate that his wife is on the county commission.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

It's called "home cookin'". Erryboty does it. :pop:

misterpink

This is a prime piece of hunting property. Backs up on the Etowah River. Mature hardwood. Very little neighbor pressure. Plenty of deer out there.

This was a good score for Mr. Doss and his buddies.

Sixes

This is a prime piece of hunting property. Backs up on the Etowah River. Mature hardwood. Very little neighbor pressure. Plenty of deer out there.

This was a good score for Mr. Doss and his buddies.

Would of been a good score for any hunter in the county. I just would like to know the process that went on to lease out lands that WE paid for.