Cherokee County

Does anybody have any info on the cobbs legion clunb in cherokee county? I want some more info on it. I heard it has a lot of members and its hard to tell who is hunting where. I would appreciate as much info as possible.

thanks,
matt

Steyrhunter

I hunted Cobbs Legion with Steve 4-5 seasons ago. They may have a pretty good size membership, but I never had an issue of not enough places to hunt. What I saw was like most clubs, the crowd was on opening weekend and holidays, otherwise, just a core group of 5-8 people you see every weekend. It is a pretty piece of property with easy paved road access very close to camp. All of the people I met and hung out with around camp were good folks. I saw a lot of smaller body deer that year, and took a couple of deer for the freezer. Chose not to shoot the bucks I did see, hoping for something a little larger. I was happy with my time there and Steve is a good guy. I chose to go back to something a little closer to home. Good luck. Wade

Etter2

Banned
I've known a bunch of people who were in that club. I heard some real horror stories. I'd steer clear.

Rays123

I have no personal experience but a buddy of mine was in it a few years ago, from what he said it reminds me of a hunting club I was in last year called cedar ridge in dawson county, the president wouldnt enforce the rules and everyone was always complaining about something. of course this is just what a close friend told me, and like I said I have no personal experience with the property