Clarification on electric only reservoirs

aJollyGoodFello

Just moved to the state. I have a 17ft 75hp boat and would like to fish some of the smaller reservoirs (ie. Ocmulgee, Hollis, Bear creek). Am I allowed to take my boat on these lakes so long as I keep my motor trimmed out of the water?? I can't seem to find info on this and I see videos with boats on the lake but with their motors trimmed.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ajohnson0587

I have only Fished the reservoirs in Henry County, you are allowed to fish with a gasoline engine as long as the motor is trimmed up out of the water. This info was not on the henry county water authority website, when I called none of the kind ladies could answer that question either. One weekend I went down to the reservoir and asked the attendant, he told me as long as the motor was trimmed up, it was ok. Other counties might be different though.

Skeeter XRi

Bear Creek won’t allow a gas motor on the lake, even if trimmed up.

Fort Yargo in Winder and Sandy Creek in Athens will.

jim

Skeeter XRi

I haven’t been down there in a good while so can’t say for sure, but I giggled it and while the website doesn’t say the ramps are closed, it’s probably best to call and verify. It looks like they’re making some serious improvements to the entire park.

jim