Classified scammers

rab1951

The classifieds are full of scammers trying to take advantage of the good people on there. Is it possible that the classified postings be limited to GON subscribers only? At least then if people want to post scam ads they would atleast have to support GON. What do yall think?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
classifieds have nothing to do with this forum. It is run by the folks in Madison, and is only a link on this site

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The classifieds are full of scammers trying to take advantage of the good people on there. Is it possible that the classified postings be limited to GON subscribers only? At least then if people want to post scam ads they would atleast have to support GON. What do yall think?

Call these folks. They run the classifieds

79E5EF30-14AD-4360-85AB-E8E6C4370F2D.png

rab1951

For those that are interested, I sent an email to GON and this is part of the response that I received.

"We are in the midst of replacing our Classifieds and registration platforms with something new which we hope will eliminate this issue. Once that change is made users will either have to be a subscriber or pay a different fee in order to participate in the Classifieds section. If scammers are required to use a credit card to gain access they are going to go somewhere else. The new system should be ready by July 1 or sooner."

brandon

Administrator
That is correct - a completely new Classifieds system is coming soon. We're very aware that the scammers are a HUGE problem and are working hard to get rid of them. Once the new classifieds go live in July, you'll have to be a subscriber to be able to post ads, or you'll have to provide a card to pay a small nominal fee. Either way, you will have to complete a card transaction to be able to post ads, which should eliminate the vast majority of the scammers.

Since our main goal is to eliminate the scammers, you'll still be able to post ads even after your subscription expires. We'll post more details in the weeks ahead.

furtaker

Yeah, I saw some really, really good deals on bass boats and four wheelers a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad the changes are coming too.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Can’t wait ! I recently sold a couple puppies on the classifieds and got some strange emails . Also one lady couldn’t get it for a few days and I agreed to hold it for her . Her response was I’ll go ahead and cash app u the money . I told her that was fine but I sure wouldn’t make it a habit