Close shooting: Too close for comfort

Nugefan

some of the replies make me go Hmmmmmm ....

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
The club president needs to have a sit down with this fool. Never try to get a man's attention with a turkey call if you see someone slipping in the woods, even though it was Dixie, but don't cut. If he knew you were there, which it sounds like he did, you've got every right to be p'od. He'd be the last person on the planet I'd want to be in a club with, much less take hunting.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Timber1

BANNED
What kinda birds are you hunting that you can scare other birds off (did they not putt or fly) play Dixie on your call and then yell and the bird is still gobbling ? I am hunting the wrong birds I think.

01Foreman400

Staff member
What kinda birds are you hunting that you can scare other birds off (did they not putt or fly) play Dixie on your call and then yell and the bird is still gobbling ? I am hunting the wrong birds I think.

Might be some of them stocked yard birds. Sounds like you're hunting the native birds. ;)

Timber1

BANNED
Lol.... I don't know. I have hunted birds all over Ga. and don't think any of them would put up with all that nonsense. Of course I try to keep my musical talent and yelling to a minimum when I am hunting. Maybe I am going about it all wrong. I do remember a bird gobbling at some squeaky trailer springs one time.

Shotgun Shooter

The basics of hunting really hasn't changed much, but the people who hunt, their attitudes, and their methods have changed drastically over the years...and not necessarily for the better. The one thing severely lacking in the fields, woods and waters these days is "sportsmanship." By our nature, humans are a selfish, self-centered animal so sportsmanship isn't simply inherited, but has to be observed, taught and learned.
Some folks will understand this while others won't.