Cohutta WMA 16 point

dhsnke

I was very blessed Dec. 2 the first day of the second rifle hunt at Cohutta WMA. I have hunted Cohutta since 1993 and have killed some nice deer. I hunted the first hunt and passed on a bear but didn't see any deer. For the second hunt I picked a spot about 430 yards from my previous stand that I have never hunted before. It is actually probably one of the prettiest stands I have ever hunted. It has everything that a big buck would call home. At 8:15 this beautiful buck walked up the bottom about 75 yards and the rest is history. I new he was dark and heavy but I had no idea he had all that junk until I walked up to him. I about shook to death. IMG_1667.jpgIMG_1711.jpgIMG_1713.jpgIMG_1718.jpgIMG_1719.jpgI was about 1.25 miles in and I tried to drag him myself but soon learned with my rifle and my 35lb pack that wasn't happening. I took all my stuff back to my truck and a couple of guys were back at their camp. They are life savers. They had a sled and offered to help. THANKS A MILLION TO PAUL AND CHRIS. You are two stand up guys.

Buckman18

Awesome buck, congratulations!!

How old did they estimate him to be at the check station?

bany

Spectacular sir! Congratulations on Mtn Beast!

Back40hunter

Yes sir that is a true mountain monster. That one will be hard to top. Congratulations!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, what a hoss of a buck!