Cold temperatures

Longhorn 16

Does anyone else increase the amount of feed you put out when we lower than normal temperatures. I know they will do what it takes to find food but they out any feed and have turned my plots into carpet.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Also the majority completely quit feeding as soon as season is over . They are wearing out my feeders and plots also .
And no I don’t feed them more , I figure now is what I really plant the plots for anyway

menhadenman

Sometimes I’ll throw out some alfalfa to help the pregnant does out. I’m in the mountains tho and deer density is much lower.

rstallings1979

Also the majority completely quit feeding as soon as season is over . They are wearing out my feeders and plots also .
And no I don’t feed them more , I figure now is what I really plant the plots for anyway
Plots are getting worn down for me as well. I limed yesterday to get ready for the summer plots and noticed there were open spots now where they have been grazed to the dirt almost. The fields on our place do have clover popping up so that is helping feed the herd.

Latest posts