Colorado trip-RMNP, Vail, Aspen and surrounding area…

Geffellz18

Wife and I just returned a couple of days ago from our annual fall trip for her birthday.
Sharing some shots from our travels…

Heading out of Denver headed towards RMNP somewhere around Boulder where Prime Time currently resides.
IMG_5864.jpeg
Estes Park-Town just outside of the East entrance into RMNP.
IMG_5873.jpeg
IMG_5878.jpeg
Bear Lake area of RMNP…
IMG_5904.jpegIMG_5910.jpeg
IMG_5974.jpeg
IMG_5925.jpeg
IMG_5935.jpeg
IMG_5954.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 5

pjciii

Great photos. A beautiful time of year to be out there. Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing and taking us along.

basshappy

BANNED
Bet the air was delicious! Loved every trip out there rock climbing and exploring I did back 2002-2008. Scenic to boot. Thank ya for sharing some great pics!

Geffellz18

I want to do that trip. Thanks for sharing!
Do It!
Really enjoyed it-To me, this was the perfect time of year to go with the Aspens adding a pop of color & much less crowded. Just no snow activities going on which was fine by me.
A few things to take note of I happened upon through planning. RMNP has timed entry reservations that you have to secure from recreation.gov.
There are two options-One for the park & one for the park + Bear Lake Area. Both have no charge except the $2 service fee online. Without this, you’re not getting in & the window to secure them doesn’t open up until 5pm MT the evening before.
Mt. Evans Scenic rd requires a permit too, but can be secured whenever I believe. Think it was $10 now since the road all the way to the top was closed from Summit lake area. Otherwise it’s $15. We ended up not going due to timing, but it’s the highest road in the US apparently that takes you to the top of a “14’er”.
One in particular I was wanting to do was Maroon Bells. When I identified a reservation was required, there were none to be had! Very popular place I understand as the peaks are the most photographed mountains in the country.
The Independence Pass rd from Twin Lakes(just south of Leadville) to Aspen will close for the season in a couple of weeks from now.
There are several other activities that we didn’t partake in that required timed entry reservations too during my research, so plan accordingly if/when when go!

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic trip - well captured! Thank you for sharing with us all!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great pictures. Glad y’all got to see all that colt. We did a similar trip last fall.

Latest posts