Congrats, Florida!!!!

RipperIII

(y) I completely respect that take and I would probably be in your shoes if I wasn't a Buckeye but I have also tried to put myself in your shoes and others arguing against OSU. If Bama or Clemson's conferences did exactly what the BIG did with regards to the season and Bama was sitting there at 5-0 giving up almost 350yds a game passing to a bunch of weak teams would sec fans be saying they deserve to be in? I think most would but some of the most principled fans like yourself would be consistent and say that Bama shouldn't get in. Do you believe thats a fair take?

LOL!!!...while undefeated and avg 50pts per game...

bullgator

To be specific...

Alabama - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Clemson - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Oklahoma - 4 of 6 (bounced out in the 1st round all 4 times)
Ohio - 3 of 6 (won 1)
Georgia - 2 of 6
Oregon, Fl State, Mich St, Washington, ND and LSU (won 1) all have been once.

If anyone is a yearly lock for the playoffs, Clemson and Alabama are it. But since one or the other of them has won it all 4 out of 6 times, I'd say they deserved to be selected. Oklahoma...notsomuch...
So the SEC has won 3 of the 6 playoff championships and you wonder why SEC fans say it’s the best and toughest conference.

Madsnooker

LOL!!!...while undefeated and avg 50pts per game...
My point wasn't against Bama just the 5 games played argument. OSU has averaged 45 a game. Most arguing against OSU use the 5 games played and also their secondary play when actually Bama secondary play thru the first 5 games was no better. Thats why I brought it up if Those first 5 games were all that Bama had played. My argument was most sec fans would still be arguing for them to get in under that scenerio and we all know that.

bullgator

I'm not sure who is arguing against that?
The one who posted it any any fan of any conference that doubts an SEC teams conference schedule.

Madsnooker

The one who posted it any any fan of any conference that doubts an SEC teams conference schedule.
Just because they are the best conference doesn't mean all sec schedules are equal. I can quickly bring up some very weak schedules over the last 6 or 7 years depending on cross over games. I mean missou came into the conference and won 2 sec east crowns because of weak sec schedules.

RipperIII

hey Snooks...I'm gonna watch your bucks today for a bit, see if they appear to be better than tamu...cause I truly don't know. or have an opinion.

the schedule argument is difficult to prove. and won-loss records vs competition cuts both ways.
The SEC is, and has been the best conference for almost 10 years at least when comparing the top 6 teams in each conference.
OSU has been the cream of the big10 for that same stretch...but the other teams have been woeful more than they have been good over that same period.
BAMA, Uga, Lsu, have been not been woeful during that same period...Lsu this season is woeful I'll grant you that.

OSU might be the 4th best team and maybe today makes that clear.

DannyW

hey Snooks...I'm gonna watch your bucks today for a bit, see if they appear to be better than tamu...cause I truly don't know. or have an opinion.

the schedule argument is difficult to prove. and won-loss records vs competition cuts both ways.
The SEC is, and has been the best conference for almost 10 years at least when comparing the top 6 teams in each conference.
OSU has been the cream of the big10 for that same stretch...but the other teams have been woeful more than they have been good over that same period.
BAMA, Uga, Lsu, have been not been woeful during that same period...Lsu this season is woeful I'll grant you that.

OSU might be the 4th best team and maybe today makes that clear.

The case they are making today for the final four is pretty weak...they are looking like the stage is too big.