Corn problem!

Bob2010

Tragic experience. My entire feeder full corn got knocked over. 300 pounds of corn gone in just a few days. Pretty sure it was a bear that done it! The deer tracks were so thick that it covered up every bit of the evidence. I think the deer stampede may of run the bear off. That's not the problem though. I figured it should be legal to shoot a bear that is raiding a feeder like that. We had almost 1200 pounds of corn at risk out there! It doesn't appear that shooting a bear at a feeder is legal. These bear can do whatever they want. We can't stop em! Finally, I have a need for fancy apple baits. Can't do anything. The deer are the real victims! What if the bear gets CWD from the corn feeder? Can we shoot em then? Be like. That bear was not acting right. It was a cull bear! He was limping! Felt sorry for em!

Sixes

Here is the issue that I had last month. A young doe and buck at the feeder, a young buck spooks the doe at the feeder that causes it to crash into and break the leg of the feeder penetrating the drum. First spin of the morning and about 120#s of corn falls out.

A few of days later, the legs of the feeder are modified and the corn is fully topped off but is jammed with a piece of the drum, so I try to pull the head for just a moment to clear the jam. The older style Moultries can be removed because the feeder is mounted with screws, new ones are designed different and I did not take that fully into account and it rained corn. There might be another pic where I was angry and the feeder is then on it's side.

feed1.jpgfeed2.jpgfeed3.jpgfeed4.jpg

Bob2010

Here is the issue that I had last month. A young doe and buck at the feeder, a young buck spooks the doe at the feeder that causes it to crash into and break the leg of the feeder penetrating the drum. First spin of the morning and about 120#s of corn falls out.

A few of days later, the legs of the feeder are modified and the corn is fully topped off but is jammed with a piece of the drum, so I try to pull the head for just a moment to clear the jam. The older style Moultries can be removed because the feeder is mounted with screws, new ones are designed different and I did not take that fully into account and it rained corn. There might be another pic where I was angry and the feeder is then on it's side.

Lol! The last photo is great

Liberty

I heard something about right armed bears in the United States. Just put a lock on your feeder that has to be removed left handed for maximum corn security.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Tragic experience. My entire feeder full corn got knocked over. 300 pounds of corn gone in just a few days. Pretty sure it was a bear that done it! The deer tracks were so thick that it covered up every bit of the evidence. I think the deer stampede may of run the bear off. That's not the problem though. I figured it should be legal to shoot a bear that is raiding a feeder like that. We had almost 1200 pounds of corn at risk out there! It doesn't appear that shooting a bear at a feeder is legal. These bear can do whatever they want. We can't stop em! Finally, I have a need for fancy apple baits. Can't do anything. The deer are the real victims! What if the bear gets CWD from the corn feeder? Can we shoot em then? Be like. That bear was not acting right. It was a cull bear! He was limping! Felt sorry for em!
Hey man, We're still tryin to solve your corn problem from a couple years ago.... If you don't mind checking on that one before starting a 2024 version we'd appreciate it.

GottaGetOutdoors

If this was a storybook, the title could be, "The Little Feeder That Thought It Could." ;)

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
If losing 300 lb of corn was a “tragic experience” I’d say you have had a good life thus far.
Or a very shielded one.. I'm going to go with that.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Latest posts