Could Microsoft not leave the things alone that work and fix on the stuff that don't

Skipper

Banned
I had to get a new laptop because I had to get a new Quickbooks because the subscription to the old payroll ran out and because the version of QB I had was too old they said I had to have a new one. My 4 year old laptop would barley pull up the bloated program to start with I figured that the new version would be more bloated (turns out I'm right) and the old laptop with 512 mb ram wouldn't handle it. So off to the store I go.

First off I'm trading in a laptop (well not exactly trading in, just buying another one) with Win XP that WORKS fine for Vista that works some of the time for some things but absolutely drives you nuts on printers and such (If I'd have wanted to fight with periferals to make them work I'd gotten Linux.)

Anyhow, this new laptop has Office 2007.

Why on God's green earth did they have to move all the buttons on such programs as Word and Excel. I've looked all over the place and can't find the UNDO button.

Hey, they typing program and the spread sheet worked as was, why mess with it?

Skipper

Skipper

Banned
Why did auto makers move the starter from the floor to the steering wheel? LOL

I don't know but after looking for the Print button for Excel for 20 minutes I was about ready to start a car and leave the office.

Skipper

merc123

F1 is your best friend... F1 means HELP. Once you LEARN Office 2007 you'll wonder how you did without it. A task that took me 15 to 20 minutes with 2003 I can do in 15 to 20 seconds...

HOWEVER, think of 2007 logically. In 2003 you wanted to see the page break preview you went to View. Same thing in 2007, just a different look. Instead of "FILE" it has the Office 2007 logo...