Couple pics from camp

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Spent a few days at hunting camp, @Danuwoa came up and spent a couple days. We cooked a lot and ate good, but I mostly forgot to take any pics. Here's a couple I remembered to take here and there.

Representative breakfast:
breakfast.jpg

Huevos rancheros with homemade guajillo salsa:

breakfast2.jpg

Brisket/burnt ends from New Year's day:

brisket.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the blackened striper steaks with dirty rice and lemon buerre blanc, and the ribeyes and fixin's. They're gonna find us down there dead from malnutrition one of these days.

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Spent a few days at hunting camp, @Danuwoa came up and spent a couple days. We cooked a lot and ate good, but I mostly forgot to take any pics. Here's a couple I remembered to take here and there.

Representative breakfast:
View attachment 1126620

Huevos rancheros with homemade guajillo salsa:

View attachment 1126622

Brisket/burnt ends from New Year's day:

View attachment 1126623

They're gonna find us down there dead from malnutrition one of these days.
Take some pintos they’ll get you home.

HermanMerman

How did you go about making the huevo ranchero salsa? I’ve messed around with it before but haven’t come up with anything worth repeating.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
How did you go about making the huevo ranchero salsa? I’ve messed around with it before but haven’t come up with anything worth repeating.
I used a recipe I got from cowboy Kent Rollins on Youtube. It was good. Look up his huevos rancheros. It's basically dried guajillo peppers, jalapenos, serranos, onions, garlic, and roma tomatoes, salt, pepper, and such. I also threw a good shot of honey in mine from the beehive at camp. The sweetness balances it.

pjciii

Didn't have any homemade Jam for those biscuits and lots of butter.

Did you get any deer with all the time you spent cooking

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't have any homemade Jam for those biscuits and lots of butter.

Did you get any deer with all the time you spent cooking
Plenty of both, and molasses to boot. No deer, it poured rain and stormed most of the time. No deer moving in daylight what time it wasn't raining. Beat working.

Longhorn 16

Great looking food and even better way to close out deer season! Ours is this coming weekend and looking forward to the Camaraderie and meals more than hunting.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Don't know how you guys could even hunt with all the hunger pains....