Recent Eats

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've been busy as a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest lately, so I haven't had time to download and post pics in several days. Here's what I've been eatin' on the last few days:

Grilled chicken over a salad with feta cheese, olives, mandarin oranges, pecans, and such with homemade Greek dressing:

salad2.jpg

Cuban sammich made from leftover smoked pork loin with fried plantains:

cuban.jpg

My mushroom logs are producing a good crop of shiitakes right now:

shiitakes.jpg

Those would be really good mixed with some Vidalias over a big overrated grilled porterhouse:

steak.jpg

My son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids came in for the weekend, joined by a bunch of friends and family. I spent a lot of the weekend cooking, but was so busy that I forgot to take hardly any pics.

Fish fry Friday night with some Clark's Hill catfish, taters, and jalapeno hushpuppies:

fishfry1.jpg

catfish.jpg

fries.jpg

hushpuppies.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to take a plated pic, but it was mighty good!

Sunday, I cooked a 15 lb brisket all day, cut the point into burnt ends, baked taters on the smoker. My wife made fried squash and grilled Tex/mex street corn. Again, I forgot the pics except for this one of some sliced brisket flat. It was all delicious.

brisket.jpg

GA1dad

My brain is in overload trying to take all that in,,, Wow!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot this one: YHFP's pecan crusted flounder, mixed rice, and sauteed veggies-good stuff!

flounder.jpg

Monday night I was tuckered out and didn't feel like cooking much, so I made up some pepper/onion relish and roasted some hotdogs on the grill:

hotdogs.jpg

Last night, I grilled up some shrimp and made some smashed butter/garlic/herb/parmesan red taters. It turned out downright edible:

shrimp.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That loud growl you just heard off in the distance, wasn't tigerzilla. It was my stomach saying "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"! :p

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome grub and great lookin grand young'ns!!! Congrats!!!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Dang-it-man!!!!!! You ever just settle for PB&J???? ::ke:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

MOTS

That's about the best looking brisket I've ever seen! All looks great!