"Coyote" NONSELECTIVE Poison Federal cyanide trap injures boy, kills dog

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I get no meat from the grocery store, got way too expensive when they ran it to $5 a lb and still complain that they made no money, pigs and cattle are raised on my OWN land and fed with LOCAL hay and corn that was grown on their OWN land, what I cant provide from my own to feed them anyway, if I run out of meat I buy from my friends who do the same, the trade system and taking care of yourself is alive and well up here, apparently not so much where you come from.

As far as the amount of mouths to feed there is no way to lower that number... we've already eliminated any predator that did that to us... there's only so many people the earth can support, once that numbers reached it's over.

Good for you and your family!! :cool::cool::cool:

Browning Slayer

shdw633

I get no meat from the grocery store, got way too expensive when they ran it to $5 a lb and still complain that they made no money, pigs and cattle are raised on my OWN land and fed with LOCAL hay and corn that was grown on their OWN land, what I cant provide from my own to feed them anyway, if I run out of meat I buy from my friends who do the same, the trade system and taking care of yourself is alive and well up here, apparently not so much where you come from.

As far as the amount of mouths to feed there is no way to lower that number... we've already eliminated any predator that did that to us... there's only so many people the earth can support, once that numbers reached it's over.

So you don't buy anything at the grocery store? As far as your own land would you prefer the ranchers buy that land and stop you from ever going on it or do you prefer they lease it, allowing you to still have access to it. Also, how do you and your farmers handle the pests that get in your corn and other garden plants? Do you go out there and kill them by hand or do you poison them with insecticide???

Browning Slayer

So you don't buy anything at the grocery store? As far as your own land would you prefer the ranchers buy that land and stop you from ever going on it or do you prefer they lease it, allowing you to still have access to it.

Hmmm... I lease land here in GA and I can keep you off of it.. They don't lease anything. They pay "grazing fees"..
Grazing fees are calculated in a weird unit called an Animal Unit Month – A-U-M – essentially how much it would cost to feed one cow and a calf for one month. So on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service land, that price is currently $1.69.

Now if you compare that to the going rate for private land, which averages about $20 per animal per month, it looks like ranchers are getting a huge discount to use public lands.

And while they are paying such low fees they are also killing off non target animals on "OUR" lands with their M-44's..

Dustin

So you don't buy anything at the grocery store? As far as your own land would you prefer the ranchers buy that land and stop you from ever going on it or do you prefer they lease it, allowing you to still have access to it. Also, how do you and your farmers handle the pests that get in your corn and other garden plants? Do you go out there and kill them by hand or do you poison them with insecticide???

Hardly ever, 99% of what we get from the store is spices, condiments, salt, sugar, flour, cornmeal, etc. so we still get some stuff... no meat, vegetables come from our garden and the small local markets around.

I don't care if they buy it... not like I'm gonna drive 1,000 miles to walk around and only see cows because everything else was killed off for their protection, most people lease from lack of funds to buy tho... so it's most likely a moot point on them buying.

As far as pests, predators, etc. I think I've shot 3 foxes and 4 or 5 coons over the last 10 or 12 yrs that came around after chickens, had more of a problem with neighborhood dogs than any wild animals... surprisingly never have had a coyote bother anything. grubs, beetles and stuff like that we never bother with, just flip them off with a finger when we find them on a plant.

As far as insecticides, herbicides, poisons, etc. we really only use glyphosate, start spending money on all those other fancy things to get rid of this and that and you might as well buy it from the store, be cheaper.

shdw633

Hmmm... I lease land here in GA and I can keep you off of it.. They don't lease anything. They pay "grazing fees"..

And while they are paying such low fees they are also killing off non target animals on "OUR" lands with their M-44's..

That fee was for 2015, the fee is $2.11 for 2016 and is also for up to 5 sheep and those fees are shared with local and state government which, in turn, can help keep taxes down as the money can be used for local and state government projects; however, now were full circle again with how many coyotes are killing off those non-target animals as well and will only continue to do it until they are all gone and then they move on. Numbers still favor the use of the M-44's in the reduction of a species in the protection of non-targeted species as well as livestock. Numbers also state the safety of this device on humans with the number of instances being way lower than every other method of controlling coyotes, including hunting and trapping with a much better success rate. Tough to argue against it's success rate versus it's con's in the control of wildlife, this argument about poisons in the woods in malarkey when you consider the amount of pesticides sprayed on farmland and lawns that eventually get into the water supply but I'm sure that's a whole different topic.

Triple C

It's a whole lot friendlier in the food plot section and Paymaster's Outdoor Cafe but not near as entertaining as the deer hunting section. :type:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
It's a whole lot friendlier in the food plot section and Paymaster's Outdoor Cafe but not near as entertaining as the deer hunting section. :type:
I don't post much anymore.:type:To much repeating and opinions. I do enjoy reading others posts who don't agree with each others though.:rofl:

Browning Slayer

That fee was for 2015, the fee is $2.11 for 2016 and is also for up to 5 sheep and those fees are shared with local and state government which, in turn, can help keep taxes down as the money can be used for local and state government projects; however, now were full circle again with how many coyotes are killing off those non-target animals as well and will only continue to do it until they are all gone and then they move on. Numbers still favor the use of the M-44's in the reduction of a species in the protection of non-targeted species as well as livestock. Numbers also state the safety of this device on humans with the number of instances being way lower than every other method of controlling coyotes, including hunting and trapping with a much better success rate. Tough to argue against it's success rate versus it's con's in the control of wildlife, this argument about poisons in the woods in malarkey when you consider the amount of pesticides sprayed on farmland and lawns that eventually get into the water supply but I'm sure that's a whole different topic.

Did you really think I would let this thread die? :biggrin2:

Coyotes killing non target species? That's what you don't get. There is no "non target" species for Yotes. They are a predator and will target anything to eat..

Where are these "numbers" you are stating that M-44's are less lethal on non target animals than hunting them are? So you are saying, throwing out a FoxPro and calling Yotes has a higher mortality rate on non target species?

Browning Slayer

I don't post much anymore.:type:To much repeating and opinions. I do enjoy reading others posts who don't agree with each others though.:rofl:

Meh... It's the offseason and not much is happening in here.. :D

shdw633

Did you really think I would let this thread die? :biggrin2:

Coyotes killing non target species? That's what you don't get. There is no "non target" species for Yotes. They are a predator and will target anything to eat..

Where are these "numbers" you are stating that M-44's are less lethal on non target animals than hunting them are? So you are saying, throwing out a FoxPro and calling Yotes has a higher mortality rate on non target species?

No....but I can't say I wasn't hoping!! I know your saying a coyote doesn't have a non-target species, the point was that the yotes kill as many of the non-target as the M-44, except they also kill livestock and other animals that would not even touch an M-44 or be harmed by it, making them more harmful to the surrounding wildlife than the M-44 and my point about the the hunting is that you are more likely as a human to be hurt while hunting coyotes then you would be by seeing or coming in contact with an M-44 based on the safety data of both killing devices. I'm not saying more aren't killed by hunting and trapping and other ways, the US kills 400,000 coyotes per year but this one device kills nearly a quarter of that total which is very efficient versus the 10,000 non-targets they kill in the US every year. And don't think hunters aren't capable of killing non-targets as well, just ask an armadillo, snake, possum or raccoon that comes across a hunters path at the wrong time/place. Just stop and think about that number 400,000 a year are killed and we still see them spreading uncontrollably throughout this country.

shdw633

I remember when corn was the big argument...those were the days!! Made the off season fly right by!! :biggrin2:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I remember when corn was the big argument...those were the days!! Made the off season fly right by!! :biggrin2:

Next big one will be which type of tree is better to hunt out of sweetgum or poplar.facepalm::rofl:

shdw633

Hard to argue with you two, even on the Foodplot Forum.....you know too much!!!!:cool:

Browning Slayer

Hard to argue with you two, even on the Foodplot Forum.....you know too much!!!!:cool:

Ha! I will argue with anyone! :bounce:

And just wait.. All the paper company leases are about to be up and the annual migration of "You sorry Florida Hunters stealing our land and raising lease prices" threads and post's will be showing up..

Corn is getting as much coverage as "Shooting all the does" now a days..