For Hoot,"Coyote Dispersal Phase Coming in September"

Hannibal

Banned
Hoot, for you my Brotha' since you enjoy my articles so much! :cool:

I know alot of people don’t want to hear this but I’m going to tell you anyway. The hundreds if not thousands of new coyote pups that were born this past April here in Georgia are now being trained by the Matriarchs to hunt, kill and become self sufficient. Starting sometime around September, maybe earlier, the young Male coyotes will be kicked out of the family group by the mother to prevent inbreeding. Most of the females are allowed to stay. These young inexperienced male coyotes must disperse throughout Georgia to find new territory and set it up as their own. “Isn’t that exciting!” Dispersal will be down major travel ways such as power lines, rail road lines, roads, major and minor creek bottoms and drainages, sewer trunk lines and any section of woods that winds it’s way between the thousands of subdivisions in the state. They will then find a mate and start their own family group. There will be a spike of sightings, many more pets and livestock will die due to this dispersal. Human/Coyote conflicts will increase as a result. A certain number of these male pups will be killed crossing roads or by other coyote family groups who do not accept them as they wander into their already established territories. No one, not even state wildlife biologist can give an accurate number on pup mortality but there will be some as their is every year. Evidently, it is not enough to stem the tide of increasing numbers of these predators dispersing into neighborhoods, cities such as Atlanta, local municipalities and rural areas. This is a phenomenon that happens every year around this time.

To put things in perspective, doe deer drop their fawns as well. The whitetail deer is the main wildlife food source for coyotes as well as rodents, mice, voles, squirrels....pretty much anything they can catch. There are 280,000 deer hunters in Georgia. Each year they take nearly 3/4 of a million deer out of the herd here in the State. In contrast, according to the DNR, there are only approximately 1500 residents licensed and/or Certified to Trap Wildlife and Furbearers in this state. So I hope you can see why we as Trappers are having such difficulty managing the Coyote population. And when I say we need the Cable Restraint to do a much better job, I am not ”blowing Smoke”. We need the CR’s and Footholds to use together since the CR’s have proven to have a 3:1 catch ratio over the Leghold traps. I have personally made a video and sent it to Governor Nathan Deal expressing my concern about the Overpopulation and lack of support from the DNR. I have been trying for over 3 years to get the DNR to listen to mine and other Certified Trappers’ concerns about this issue to no avail.

“Would you, the Public, please help the Trappers of Georgia by contacting the Governor’s office and demand that we be given the Cable Restraints so we may do our jobs without one hand tied behind our backs? You would be helping Us, Help You, with this situation that is getting worse every day. To be Blatantly Honest, without this tool, the cable restraint, we do not have a chance in Perdition of even to begin managing the coyote population.”

“If you watched my video on the Cable Restraints and how they work, you will understand how safe and humane they truly are. I live in a subdivision and would be more willing for a trapper to set the cable restraint inside my neighborhood rather than the foothold. It requires no lure or bait and will not send out a scent stream that could draw a domestic dog into the trap. You just find the trail the coyotes are walking and set it and let them walk into it and become caught. They are not choked out, just held. They are very selective and can be set by an experienced Trapper to exclude any other animal.

“The foothold trap does have it‘s place and that place is around the perimeter of your neighborhood, not inside of it. That way we have two opportunities to capture the predators coming from the properties adjacent to yours and roaming thru your subdivisions during the night.”

With this movement into subdivisions and cities, these coyotes will become Habituated to Humans and will lose their innate ”Fear of Man” they will then become like a Feral dog, very dangerous. You may laugh and that is fine, but I predict that Coyotes will kill a human here in Georgia in the next 5 years due to this Habituation. The sad part is that it will more than likely be a child. But, perhaps that is what it is going to take to wake the public up to the reality of the savagery of these Predators. It doesn’t matter that we are moving into their territories, clearing property and moving them around into populated areas all over the state. The real question is, what are we going to DO ABOUT IT?

“My Professional recommendation is if you are not going to hire a Professional Trapper to remove them, you better get a rifle/shotgun, learn to use it and start shooting every Coyote you see. Just make sure you have a safe background before you shoot. When you kill one, do NOT HANDLE IT WITH BARE HANDS. Use latex gloves. I wonder if anyone took the article I wrote concerning Hydatid tapeworm disease halfway serious? Might wanna reconsider if you didn’t, because the disease was verified in Coyotes and foxes in Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee in 1938. That’s 77 years ago and if you don’t think that disease is in Georgia thru regular dispersal and migration since then..............” I’m preparing to write another article concerning another parasitic tapeworm that was just verified in Georgia coyotes by the UGA Veterinary College Lab. According to the Lab, they do not have the expensive lab equipment to test for Hytadid here in Ga. Therefore, I have contacted another lab in a Midwestern state who does have the equipment and is willing to test coyote scat samples that I will take off of my trapline this year in Ga. We have got to kill a certain number of coyotes off each year in an attempt to prevent numerous diseases from breaking out and spreading thru the coyote population. Most of these diseases are Communicable to Humans and Pets. We don’t need people running around in a panic like their hair is on fire, but SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE and done now!” Shoot to kill every coyote you see. We also need Aerial Gunning, M44's, bring back Compound 1080, Strychnine, The radioactive rods from the Chernobyl and Fukashima disasters and a mini Nuke strike on numerous strategic locations around the state. I'm thinking an AC130 Gunship circling the state 24/7 on search and destroy as well.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1057&context=icwdm_wdmconfproc

Last edited:
Shoot to kill every coyote you see that does not run from you, for that is abnormal/Habituated or diseased based behavior. :fine:

That's too limited in scope to succeed.

You must try to kill EVERY coyote east of the Missippi River watershed, by any means necessary and regardless of its behavior, to have any hope of containing their population expansion.

For this to happen several turningpoint-type events will have to occur--such as attacks and killing of children in very public places, HiDef video recorded and posted everywhere.

Only then will the useless Gov Nathan "Bum" Deal and the other governors respond. Coyotes are an international problem, but only the US Department of Agriculture (?) has been involved in controlling it to any extent.

Hoot

A whole bunch of goofy nonsense

Like cops who get mad when people do illegal things (the reason for them having a job), I think your hatred of something that earns you a living (and free indirect advertising here) is pretty humorous. :rofl:

We also need Aerial Gunning, M44's, bring back Compound 1080, Strychnine, The radioactive rods from the Chernobyl and Fukashima disasters and a mini Nuke strike on numerous strategic locations around the state. I'm thinking an AC130 Gunship circling the state 24/7 on search and destroy as well.

It will be difficult for any trappers association, DNR, etc to take you seriously when you can post like an unhinged 'Nam vet with PTSD. :crazy:

buttplate

X2

Good grief

What Throwback said.
BTW, we sure could use some DNR help on the John T. Brisco Reservoir in Walton County. In years past I knew the DNR officers ans saw them there regularly. In recent years we see people parked on the side of the road fishing even to the point of putting jon boats in from the road.

Walton County 911 has been GREAT to respond but their first commitment is to the public safety, not to the waterway and the fish.

I am not sure who to reach out to but this issue does need to be addressed.

Any help would be appreciated.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I know alot of people don’t want to hear this but I’m going to tell you anyway. The hundreds if not thousands of new coyote pups that were born this past April here in Georgia are now being trained by the Matriarchs to hunt, kill and become self sufficient. Starting sometime around September, maybe earlier, the young Male coyotes will be kicked out of the family group by the mother to prevent inbreeding. Most of the females are allowed to stay. These young inexperienced male coyotes must disperse throughout Georgia to find new territory and set it up as their own. “Isn’t that exciting!” Dispersal will be down major travel ways such as power lines, rail road lines, roads, major and minor creek bottoms and drainages, sewer trunk lines and any section of woods that winds it’s way between the thousands of subdivisions in the state. They will then find a mate and start their own family group. There will be a spike of sightings, many more pets and livestock will die due to this dispersal. Human/Coyote conflicts will increase as a result. A certain number of these male pups will be killed crossing roads or by other coyote family groups who do not accept them as they wander into their already established territories. No one, not even state wildlife biologist can give an accurate number on pup mortality but there will be some as their is every year. Evidently, it is not enough to stem the tide of increasing numbers of these predators dispersing into neighborhoods, cities such as Atlanta, local municipalities and rural areas. This is a phenomenon that happens every year around this time.

To put things in perspective, doe deer drop their fawns as well. The whitetail deer is the main wildlife food source for coyotes as well as rodents, mice, voles, squirrels....pretty much anything they can catch. There are 280,000 deer hunters in Georgia. Each year they take nearly 3/4 of a million deer out of the herd here in the State. In contrast, according to the DNR, there are only approximately 1500 residents licensed and/or Certified to Trap Wildlife and Furbearers in this state. So I hope you can see why we as Trappers are having such difficulty managing the Coyote population. And when I say we need the Cable Restraint to do a much better job, I am not ”blowing Smoke”. We need the CR’s and Footholds to use together since the CR’s have proven to have a 3:1 catch ratio over the Leghold traps. I have personally made a video and sent it to Governor Nathan Deal expressing my concern about the Overpopulation and lack of support from the DNR. I have been trying for over 3 years to get the DNR to listen to mine and other Certified Trappers’ concerns about this issue to no avail.

“Would you, the Public, please help the Trappers of Georgia by contacting the Governor’s office and demand that we be given the Cable Restraints so we may do our jobs without one hand tied behind our backs? You would be helping Us, Help You, with this situation that is getting worse every day. To be Blatantly Honest, without this tool, the cable restraint, we do not have a chance in Perdition of even to begin managing the coyote population.”

“If you watched my video on the Cable Restraints and how they work, you will understand how safe and humane they truly are. I live in a subdivision and would be more willing for a trapper to set the cable restraint inside my neighborhood rather than the foothold. It requires no lure or bait and will not send out a scent stream that could draw a domestic dog into the trap. You just find the trail the coyotes are walking and set it and let them walk into it and become caught. They are not choked out, just held. They are very selective and can be set by an experienced Trapper to exclude any other animal.

“The foothold trap does have it‘s place and that place is around the perimeter of your neighborhood, not inside of it. That way we have two opportunities to capture the predators coming from the properties adjacent to yours and roaming thru your subdivisions during the night.”

With this movement into subdivisions and cities, these coyotes will become Habituated to Humans and will lose their innate ”Fear of Man” they will then become like a Feral dog, very dangerous. You may laugh and that is fine, but I predict that Coyotes will kill a human here in Georgia in the next 5 years due to this Habituation. The sad part is that it will more than likely be a child. But, perhaps that is what it is going to take to wake the public up to the reality of the savagery of these Predators. It doesn’t matter that we are moving into their territories, clearing property and moving them around into populated areas all over the state. The real question is, what are we going to DO ABOUT IT?

“My Professional recommendation is if you are not going to hire a Professional Trapper to remove them, you better get a rifle/shotgun, learn to use it and start shooting every Coyote you see. Just make sure you have a safe background before you shoot. When you kill one, do NOT HANDLE IT WITH BARE HANDS. Use latex gloves. I wonder if anyone took the article I wrote concerning Hydatid tapeworm disease halfway serious? Might wanna reconsider if you didn’t, because the disease was verified in Coyotes and foxes in Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee in 1938. That’s 77 years ago and if you don’t think that disease is in Georgia thru regular dispersal and migration since then..............” I’m preparing to write another article concerning another parasitic tapeworm that was just verified in Georgia coyotes by the UGA Veterinary College Lab. According to the Lab, they do not have the expensive lab equipment to test for Hytadid here in Ga. Therefore, I have contacted another lab in a Midwestern state who does have the equipment and is willing to test coyote scat samples that I will take off of my trapline this year in Ga. We have got to kill a certain number of coyotes off each year in an attempt to prevent numerous diseases from breaking out and spreading thru the coyote population. Most of these diseases are Communicable to Humans and Pets. We don’t need people running around in a panic like their hair is on fire, but SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE and done now!” Shoot to kill every coyote you see. We also need Aerial Gunning, M44's, bring back Compound 1080, Strychnine, The radioactive rods from the Chernobyl and Fukashima disasters and a mini Nuke strike on numerous strategic locations around the state. I'm thinking an AC130 Gunship circling the state 24/7 on search and destroy as well.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1057&context=icwdm_wdmconfproc

Yes, putting poison out in the woods is a great idea. What could go wrong?

The coyotes are not going to kill us all. In nearly fifty years of running around in the woods, I have never been eaten by a coyote or died from the Coyote Poop Death. Relax a little and enjoy life. Stress is more harmful than coyotes.

j_seph

Yes, putting poison out in the woods is a great idea. What could go wrong?

The coyotes are not going to kill us all. In nearly fifty years of running around in the woods, I have never been eaten by a coyote or died from the Coyote Poop Death. Relax a little and enjoy life. Stress is more harmful than coyotes.
You are old and tough, that's why you haven't be ate yet. Had there been this many coyotes 40 years ago you probably wouldn't have felt as safe:biggrin2:

Where is the study that shows cable restraints out produce foothold traps? More importantly who did it an where? Ga yotey have pquality cables or not there isn't much reason to go after them hard unless your being paid by a land owner. Like it or not trapping cost money an regardless of the tools you have to use it does not change this.

Whiskydog

I don't know anything about cable restraints. There not legal here. Coyote populations on the rise is true. I fear for someone or a child being attacked by one or a pack of them myself. I noticed one stalking me once, I was unarmed at the time. So the feeling was instead of finding a target, I was the target. That was the day I became a coyote trapper.