wild hog numbers

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
The Spaniards left a few roaming around Florida years ago and all the hunting, trapping, thermaling, dogging, poisoning hasn't got rid of them yet! Y'all might as well embrace them as a good source of protein.

BTW most boar hogs are just as good to eat as the sows. After killing hundreds of them over the years we have only encountered two boars that weren't fit to eat. Trust me when you shoot one that's bad your nose will let you know!

Toliver

The Spaniards left a few roaming around Florida years ago and all the hunting, trapping, thermaling, dogging, poisoning hasn't got rid of them yet! Y'all might as well embrace them as a good source of protein.

BTW most boar hogs are just as good to eat as the sows. After killing hundreds of them over the years we have only encountered two boars that weren't fit to eat. Trust me when you shoot one that's bad your nose will let you know!
I always heard if you kill a boar you want to cut out the oysters asap. Any truth to that having any real affect one way or the other?

Toliver

Alrighty then. Now I know not to concern myself with it if I kill one.

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
BTW the place I hunt in Georgia has not had an abundance of hogs historically, but the three that I've killed there over the years have all been better eating than some of the lean, rangey things we shoot down here. Not sure why. Maybe just better soil grows better meat

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
BTW the place I hunt in Georgia has not had an abundance of hogs historically, but the three that I've killed there over the years have all been better eating than some of the lean, rangey things we shoot down here. Not sure why. Maybe just better soil grows better meat
:huh: Might be the water. The further north one gets the geology changes and the ground water has "sweeter" minerals in it.