Crappie spawn

Jasper

What's the scoop on the crappie bedding with all the rain and slightly cooler weather, especially in the small lakes?

Is it over? Still going on? Not yet? I'll be fishing for a few days next week during my kid's spring break at Charlie Elliott. The crappie spawn is usually over by that time, but the bass are generally bedding.

Thanks.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Not yet

We fished West Point last Friday and Saturday. They were still a couple of days from being full blown on the bed. Maybe, all this rain will push them off for a week or so. I just hope the Corps of Engineers don't drop the lakes too fast and leave the eggs high and dry if they start when the water is up. :confused:

Mossy0ak270

Jasper I went to Stone Mountain the past 2 days and caught only 3 yesterday and 1 Tuesday. I talked with some other guys who fish there regurarly and they all said since all this rain and colder weather that the bite has pretty much stopped. One guy said he thinks we will have one more good bite before its all said and done. I will probably be at Charlie Elliott tuesday.

Jasper

So what are they doing now? Is the spawn over? I'm going the end of the week. Thanks.