Creative Minds needed

Burton

I recently bought a Tracker boat with "Versa track".

You can mount anything using a 1/4 bolt, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount my homemade PVC rod holders.

I'm using 1-1/4 PVC with a tee on the top and two 90s....hold on, will dig up a picture...

09-09-16 001.JPG

These were put together to slide over a seat pedestal (as seen in pic). Now I want to bolt it to the side of the boat and secure with a nut you can twist with your hand like one of these.

What can I use to overlap the PVC/drill on either side? Something cheap?

JROESEL

Take you a plate and drill two holes in, mount it to the accessory rail, mount a 1.5” diameter piece of conduit on the plate, use a set screw to hold the rod holder in mounted 1.5” piece, that way you have multiple adjustments if needed, down the rail, up and down
Look at the plate that comes with the millennium rod holders, so you can get a idea of the plate

LTZ25

I like the yellow one , and the chrome one that looks like the yellow one and the black also looks nice .

Burton

Take you a plate and drill two holes in, mount it to the accessory rail, mount a 1.5” diameter piece of conduit on the plate, use a set screw to hold the rod holder in mounted 1.5” piece, that way you have multiple adjustments if needed, down the rail, up and down
Look at the plate that comes with the millennium rod holders, so you can get a idea of the plate

Hmm, maybe I can get away with just a strap + 1-1/2 conduit.

I think I could cut a 6-8 inch piece of 1-1/2 conduit.

Secure with a pipe strap

conduit-fittings-26125-64_1000.jpg

Then, drop my 1-1/4 pvc in the conduit. Now the rod holder rotates with the current.

My only concern is making sure the conduit is snug against the boat, but even then it probably doesn't have to be that snug.

I think I'll give this a shot.

Thanks,

Burton

Welp, nm, 1-1/4 OD is greater than 1-1/2 ID. So it doesn't fit inside.

I can go up to 2 IN PVC conduit, there's just going to be more play in it.

1-1/4 OD = 1.66
2 ID = 2.02

JROESEL

That’s why you use a set screw to hold it snug, I made a umbrella stand that attaches to my seat pedestal for really hot days, the umbrella is 10’ wide, it’s my sail on windy days,
Made it 1.5” and it slides into a 2”, I used a 3/8 eye bolt to run through the 2” tee, to keep the 1.5 from spinning with the umbrella,
I like your idea with the pipe strap, if you don’t want to use a set screw, get longer 1/4” bolts and use spacers between the narrower strap and accessory rail to make the conduit rigid,