Cremation or Burial?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Were the bodies who came out of the tombs in human form or in ashes?

I couldn't say for sure what form they were as they resumed life. But I would have to assume it wouldn't be ashes because dead bodies weren't customarily burnt. They were prepared for burial and laid in the grave to await resurrection.
I believe Moses died and was buried in the ground. I believe that Joseph's bones were buried in the ground. No indication that anyone's ashes were ever tossed in the Nile river.

Jesus submitted to death, burial and resurrection.
I'll take that also..

But I won't ever try to force that belief on anyone else.

mtnwoman

I don't think it matters. "nothing can snatch you out of the palm of My hand".

I want to be cremated and thrown either on Cane Creek where my first is buried, who got killed in a hunting accident when he was 28....or just any where else in the Great Smokies. I really don't care....those who are dead in Christ will rise first...yay!!!! I'd rather be alive for the rapture, but whatever.

I'd make some good shark bait....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mtnwoman

I couldn't say for sure what form they were as they resumed life. But I would have to assume it wouldn't be ashes because dead bodies weren't customarily burnt. They were prepared for burial and laid in the grave to await resurrection.
I believe Moses died and was buried in the ground. I believe that Joseph's bones were buried in the ground. No indication that anyone's ashes were ever tossed in the Nile river.

Jesus submitted to death, burial and resurrection.
I'll take that also..

But I won't ever try to force that belief on anyone else.

I guess for me, it's a simple fact that I'm not prepared to be buried in the ground and don't want to burden anyone with that cost. Most people have plots, etc.

I thought nobody knew what happened to Moses? or was that Abraham? I know Elijah 'flew the coop'.

This question is for anyone....who are the 3 witnesses that are suppose to die an earthly death in the end?
See when I stay away too long, I get dehydrated.

mtnwoman

So, you and I have the freedom to do anything the Bible doesn't tell us we can't do?
Is that what freedom in Christ is? Freedom to not follow the examples of the Bible because you and I have freedom?

So your wife can just roll a stone over your man cave....:rofl:
Just teasing you of course.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
So your wife can just roll a stone over your man cave....:rofl:
Just teasing you of course.

No Annie. My wife will probably prop me up on the passenger side of her car and ride me around town so people will think I'm still alive. That way she can keep drawin my check.

:rofl::rofl:

CAL

No Annie. My wife will probably prop me up on the passenger side of her car and ride me around town so people will think I'm still alive. That way she can keep drawin my check.

Now,that right there sounds like er plan to me.:rofl:

mtnwoman

Smart woman...:rofl:

CAL

I wished to be buried,the very cheapest way possible.I really think the burial process is very important to family and close friends to get past the loss of a family member and realize how final death really is.I believe with all my heart we only bury the house a spirit lived in and the spirit is gone according to God's word but it is a very important process for family and friends.

Tim L

Well this is still here so I'll vote again...Your physical body or husk is dead when your dead, but I still don't want to be put in a crampy little casket and buried....Cremate me; mix my ashes with some potting soil or peat moss or just broadcast it over the ground...But don't let the county know or someone will have to pay a fine..That way the husk can still be part of the circle of life....Of course if I go first wife will do what the funeral home director says "is best and what I would have wanted"....

SpurHuntinHillbilly

During passover, the people of Israel would make sacrifices at the Altar in the temple and burn the offering. The lamb was used during this offering and they sacrificed many. Who knows....as one gentleman stated in here I too agree that the Good Lord only cares for your soul when you are called home. Just my .02

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Regarding what happens to a body after death has nothing to do with the cleansing of sins or salvation and God doesn't care one iota about the body which is why it is referred to as the "earthen vessel" in Romans 9 and in various other verses as well. The physical body is merely the house of our souls and spirits. It is the soul that God cares about. The battle between God and satan is within us, in our souls... who will win us? They don't care about your body, they care about your soul, that is, your mind - referred to as the heart throughout the Bible - - Proverbs 23:7 - as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. So, where do you do your thinking?... With your cardiovascular system?... No, in your brain, your mind. So, the heart refers to the mind and that is what is at stake, that is what God cares about.... throughout scripture He says, "Give me your heart," "Renew your mind," "Have this mind," etc. And, for believers, when we get to heaven, we get new bodies (can be found in Revelation and Jesus spoke of it, too). So, the body is totally irrelevant with the exception that once you're born again, you are now a new creature in Christ and your body is no longer yours because he lives in you, so you should refrain from abusing it (alcohol, drugs, sex, etc.)... but that's if it's outside of God's will for you, that doesn't mean that you can't have a beer or two, or smoke (although that's just unhealthy), or whatever, that refers to a lifestyle, not the occasional occurrence. SO... it doesn't matter whether or not someone is cremated or buried, the body doesn't go to heaven anyway because it's earthly and made in sin and nothing of sin or earth can go to heaven. It's only the soul that goes to heaven.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I wonder why Jesus wasn't cremated?

mtnwoman

mtnwoman

The things that are done embalming and preparing a body for viewing are enough for me to want to be cremated.

I don't like the thought of being burned but still it has to be better than being in the cold hard ground, even though I won't know the difference...I can't stand the thought of decomp.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
It would be nice if just burying without a casket would be an option. Not even put in a bag or sack (have buried alot of small dogs and cats in my life), just maybe wrapped in a blankey...

I like that.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I don't like the thought of being burned but still it has to be better than being in the cold hard ground, even though I won't know the difference...I can't stand the thought of decomp.

Don't worry. God's gonna take care of the mess.
I'm kinda hoping to see the Lord coming before I die.

mtnwoman

I'm kinda hoping to see the Lord coming before I die.

Oh yeah for real!! I hope I'm alive at the rapture. Not because I'm afraid of death, I just want it to hurry up and happen, so we can get out of here. :clap:

mtnwoman