Cull Buck?

Gunner308

Shoot if you want to. Tag him if you want to. Process him yourself and speak nothing of if you want to. Asking a bunch of other people for their opinions on the interwebs gets you no where but backwards!
This is the first true odd racked deer I have ever encountered on my property and with that in mind, I brought the interest to the table for opinions. I have always wanted to take a freak nasty non typical but have never gotten the opportunity. He is way to young for me to consider taking on any account. But would make a great trophy for one of the young’ns. I prefer to give any buck a chance to live out to 4yrs+ Just to give them the chance to grow. My property is by no means a QDMA, just carries good genetics and has very little hunting pressure. Maybe he will be a brute in a few years. Only time will tell I reckon.

spencer12

I have a couple farms that I try to “manage” you could say for mature deer. I do not believe in killing a deer based on their racks. I believe in age. Not trying to sound smart but to me, it just seems disrespectful to such a magnificent creature to end his life due to the fact his antlers don’t meet my trophy standards. I’ve killed big deer, and some of those deer looked like dweebs when they were younger with funky racks. But as they got older those racks became more unique and even more of a trophy to me. More than likely that deer has some form of injury causing his rack to look that way, probably his back left leg or front right leg. However, as many have said you have to make that decision when the time comes. If he makes your heart jump shoot him. Just enjoy being out there!

justus3131

Everything I have on cam this year are all symmetrical antlered deer except this fella. What do y’all think? Should he be culled or given a pass to see what he may become?
Everything I have on cam this year are all symmetrical antlered deer except this fella. What do y’all think? Should he be culled or given a pass to see what he will improve with age. Take a doe for freezer.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
116432629_2824218751140087_365977389840573157_o.jpg

Lead Poison

Hardly anyone ever mentions the fact that much, 1/2 or more, genetics a deer gets comes from the doe! Killing cull bucks never solves a problem entirely.