Shed ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m fairly positive I shot this buck in early November . Was hopeful my shot didn’t kill or break his leg . My dad found this antler in same field I shot him in a couple weeks ago . He seen the buck alive today with one side and said he had a little limp but was using his leg and seemed and looked fine . My question is this antler looks like a lot of his skull came off with it . I was just curious what y’all think . IMG_4752.jpegIMG_4699.jpegIMG_4698.jpeg

slow motion

Really strange how the bone is round and smooth on the sides. Bottom looks jagged and broken though. Are you sure it's a shed and wasn't broken off somehow? Cool find either way. Might be really unique next year.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That antler was broken off. That jagged piece is part of the pedicle. I've found them with larger pieces of pedicle on them. May've ran into something and knocked it off, or could've been in a fight. If he's still alive, I bet he has a headache still. :bounce:

antharper

Staff member
Really strange how the bone is round and smooth on the sides. Bottom looks jagged and broken though. Are you sure it's a shed and wasn't broken off somehow? Cool find either way. Might be really unique next year.
Yeah I guess that was my question and what I figured myself .

antharper

Staff member

ucfireman

I have read where a deer can get a brain abcess form a bad broken pedicle like that.
May end up dying of that or may be cool next year.
But cool find on the shed. Im looking forward to looking some this spring.