Custom leather for my CZ SP-01 Phantom ++ Makers info added in post #6 ++

Adam5

I bought a CZ SP-01 Phantom knowing that holsters for it would be hard to come by, but also knowing that a local leather maker that I know could make one from my pistol as opposed to having to find a dummy gun.

I thought about some fancy trim for it (he does alot with elephant, stingray, cobra, etc, trim), but decided that for now I needed a good "working" holster for daily carry more than I need a "dress holster". I asked him to make me a canted pancake holster for daily carry and as always, he did a great job.

The fit and finish are as good as any other and the retention is great for an open top holster, even when holding the holster upside down while the gun is holstered. As seen in the photos, it does a very good job of concealing the pistol. Bear in mind that this is not a cpmpact pistol designed for easy concealment. It's a full size duty gun with a 4.7" barrel and an 18+1 capacity.

BTW: Has anyone else tried to take a picture of your side with an SLR and no one to help? It's easier said than done!

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dub

You did well. That's a nice looking & well fitted piece of leather. The extra tab behind the slide will really help with comfort.

I really like open-topped pancakes.

Nice looking holster. You're local leather guy has some talent. Does he make/sell holsters to the public, or was this a favor he did for you? Just asking because if he's a local (as GA) guy, a few here on the forum may be interested in checking him out.

Adam5

Nice looking holster. You're local leather guy has some talent. Does he make/sell holsters to the public, or was this a favor he did for you? Just asking because if he's a local (as GA) guy, a few here on the forum may be interested in checking him out.

He is somewhere between doing it as a hobby and doing it for a living.

He posts on GPDO under the name Zookeper.

Here is a link to his Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Cumming-GA/CBs-Leather-Works/337037345197?ref=ts

I will give his cell number via PM for anyone that wants it.

He does not at this time use "dummy guns" for molding. He will use your pistol to mold the leather and will need it for a few days. All of his work is done my hand from the cutting, to the stiching and molding.

He has done holsters for several of the guys on GPDO and Arf15.com's GA Hometown forum.

Mine was basic, but he does some beautiful work with exotic trims. His cobra skin rig is incredible!

georgiaboy

If you want to run a few rounds through mine to test drive one just let me know. I'm just down 400 from you in Cumming.

:cheers: Sounds like a plan. I am supposed to get with another member one day to shoot as well so maybe we can go soon.