Food Prices

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Good lawd. Unbelievable.

We decided last night that we wanted steak tonight so I went to both Publix and Kroger this morning. Guess what, we aint having steak.

Steaks and all the fixings would be close to $75. Walked over to the pork section, two bone in thick cut pork chops...... $17. Chicken? $20.

I know its been like this for a while but this is just crazy.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good lawd. Unbelievable.

We decided last night that we wanted steak tonight so I went to both Publix and Kroger this morning. Guess what, we aint having steak.

Steaks and all the fixings would be close to $75. Walked over to the pork section, two bone in thick cut pork chops...... $17. Chicken? $20.

I know it’s been like this for a while but this is just crazy.
Pork, the poor man’s protein. Yes, it’s got pretty rediculous.
The best way to get steaks now is catch the whole rib roasts on sale and have it carved into ribeye steaks.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
McDonald's or BK combo about $15 now. All the staples at the grocery store are through the roof. Wages stay the same, unless you're one of those minimum wage folks in California.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good thing I love corn bread and milk.
Meat is outrageous right now.

Dr. Strangelove

I haven't been to Outback Steakhouse more than five times in the last ten years because I consider it and it's sister restaurant Carrabba's on par with an Applebee's.

Outback currently has a special with a lobster tail and six ounce center cut sirloin with two sides for $19.99, some friends were going and I joined them.

I'll have to say I felt like it was a good deal. I choose Caesar salad as one side and steamed broccoli as my second.

As much as I am really not a fan of Outback, the food was great and approaching the point I can't do that at the house for the same price.

The salad was served in a chilled bowl with ample dressing, the steak was done to medium rare and tasty and the lobster tail was perfectly cooked, not under or overdone and came with a ramekin of melted butter. (Caesar salad not pictured)

When lunch is going for $20 these days, I feel like this is a good deal.

20240423_211145.jpg