CWD Kentucky

basshappy

BANNED
Only a matter of time before CWD is confirmed in GA. If I hunted within 20 miles of a neighboring state with confirmed CWD within 20 miles of our border, I would be testing all deer I harvested.

basshappy

BANNED
I'd say it's here all ready here.

Easy to think this, if all neighboring states have it then what - somehow GA is a safe haven there is a force field keeping it out?

Again if I were hunting close to borders I would test all deer harvested. No way would I risk it.

P6smSKC

I tested my deer last year that I got at a wma. It was worth the $40 for as close to piece of mind as you can get.

they won’t actually say your deer is negative for it by the way. If they did not find CWD prions in the sample it will just come back as “not detected” likely because there is a small chance the deer could have been exposed to it already but it has not replicated enough to show up in the lymph tissue tested.

P6smSKC

I took to a check station and had DNR cut out lymph samples and I believe they were sent to UGA. Since it didn’t qualify for the age they were testing on the state‘s dime I paid the $40 and had it done anyway. Worth the money to me to me, even if there are no true guarantees in life.