Kentucky hunter dies from deer attack.

Blackston

Sad, so horrible for his family.

Known a few that have finished a stunned or spined one with a knife. Never will myself. As for saving a bullet by cutting ones throat, I don’t load or buy them to save them. Deer are so much stronger to start with, plus pumped full of adrenaline in that moment and fighting for their life. No doubt their resolve is way beyond ours.
Cuttin one’s throat is not the easy way …. They don’t die easy sometimes

tad1

Good friend shot a doe and went to dispatch it with a knife. Woke up next to the dead deer….caught him on the chin and knocked him cold! Deer didn’t really need a knife just needed some time….

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Cuttin one’s throat is not the easy way …. They don’t die easy sometimes
Yep. A knife inserted in the back of the skull between the vertebrae and twist, DOA

chase870

Possum Sox
I pay close attention to the Coyotes I shoot, had more than one still alive or come back to life and cause me to shoot them again. Them boys I hunt with laugh at me cause I'm subject to shoot them till they stop flopping

gantt

i hit a spike a few weeks ago with my car, went back to take a look. looked dead, but i put a 9mm through the ear to make sure. i was afraid i'd get it in the back of my suv and it wake up and hoof me to death.

GunnSmokeer

Had a local guy worked for the phone company, he was a huge strong guy which is what saved him from serious injury . He hit a deer with his truck and being unarmed decided to go into ditch with knife and finish it off . He said that was a mistake he would never make again .

I did finish off a wounded buck deer with an axe, after I hit it with my car.
It ran off into the woods, but hobbling, not leaping. I chased it down and finally when it stopped long enough for me to get a swing at it, I chopped that axe hard into its neck.

You know what it did?
Ran off, another 100 yards.
Then we repeated the process. That time it went down, but I still gave it several more strokes to the head and neck.
They're tough animals.

PS: I wasn't hunting or shooting that day, and my only gun was a little derringer. A "get the **** off me!" type of belly gun.
I figured the axe would be more effective, and was good for more than just 2 shots. So, I never touched my pistol.