Stop the madness....renaming Lake Lanier & Buford Dam?

basshappy

BANNED
What the WOKE Contingent has is the voice and attitude. They don't have the numbers, but they are willing to get out and speak out and push, push, push. While the vast majority NON-WOKE sit quietly and privately speaks their mind. IF rhe NON-WOKE decides to get out, stand up and speak then all of the renaming and removing will cease. But until then, the erasing will continue. Because their is strength in numbers. But those numbers need to connect and participate.

oldfella1962

Like Clark's Hill for me.
When I first moved here I was kind of surprised that the same lake was called both Clark's Hill and Stom Thurmond Reservoir. :confused:
It's not like a lake that has two names because different countries (with different languages) border it. So why/how two different names?

oldfella1962

Obama Blvd.
Biden dam
She devil lake
Johnson..........wee better leave that one alone.
Kamala creek
Sneaky Pete street
"Up Kamala Creek without a paddle" sounds about right.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
When I first moved here I was kind of surprised that the same lake was called both Clark's Hill and Stom Thurmond Reservoir. :confused:
It's not like a lake that has two names because different countries (with different languages) border it. So why/how two different names?
Ga vs S Carolina

oldfella1962

Ga vs S Carolina
Oh I get that, but it's kind of silly to me. I mean both Canada and America border the Great Lakes, but they don't have different names depending on which side of the lakes you are on. Thus I'm wondering why Clark's Hill/Lake Strom Thurmond does. :unsure:

natureman

Couple of things interesting about the Lanier name change. It was not a Corps of Engineers initiative. Since COE lakes are under the Dept. of the Army they got caught up in the Dept. of Defense "Renaming Commission Report". Sidney Clopton Lanier was a private in the Confederate Army and did nothing noteworthy in the war. However, he was very well known as a southern scholar, writer, musician and poet. One of their removal criteria was the "Asset is designated as one that honors or commemorates the Confederacy or a person who served voluntarily with the Confederacy". GA representative Austin Scott, who was a committee member, should have stepped up for Lake Lanier but didn't. On a good note the COE has put an indefinite hold on any name change thanks to efforts by the Lanier community and local representatives. Here is a link to the renaming report. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22418997/naming_commission_final_report_part_iii.pdf

Last edited:

Resica

Germans in WW2. I don't like them and I'm German. If you think every German soldier that fought for the Nazis were Nazis you're nuts. They were soldiers fighting for their country like Union and Confederate troops were doing in our war. Sidney Lanier, really? what a joke.

oldfella1962

Germans in WW2. I don't like them and I'm German. If you think every German soldier that fought for the Nazis were Nazis you're nuts. They were soldiers fighting for their country like Union and Confederate troops were doing in our war. Sidney Lanier, really? what a joke.
I hear you! Any soldier (even yours truly) can be considered a "bad guy" when you look at things from a different (opposing or neutral) perspective.

cowhornedspike

After they rename it I hope they name one of the islands Hank Johnson Island...Idiots.

Oldstick

Couple of things interesting about the Lanier name change. It was not a Corps of Engineers initiative. Since COE lakes are under the Dept. of the Army they got caught up in the Dept. of Defense "Renaming Commission Report". Sidney Clopton Lanier was a private in the Confederate Army and did nothing noteworthy in the war. However, he was very well known as a southern scholar, writer, musician and poet. One of their removal criteria was the "Asset is designated as one that honors or commemorates the Confederacy or a person who served voluntarily with the Confederacy". GA representative Austin Scott, who was a committee member, should have stepped up for Lake Lanier but didn't. On a good note the COE has put an indefinite hold on any name change thanks to efforts by the Lanier community and local representatives. Here is a link to the renaming report. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22418997/naming_commission_final_report_part_iii.pdf

Heck, I even had to do a major essay in high school on Sydney Lanier as a poet and writer. I even went to the Washington Library in downtown Macon as well as to his historic cottage nearby for my research. Good luck in them cancelling me over that. I'll be long gone before they ever catch up to me.

GunnSmokeer

The Left is run by crazy people-- literally insane and psycho / pathological.

They want to destroy America!

Whatever brains they had, have rotted away due to their possession by Satan.

Rename a lake that is named after a poet who is known to America only as a poet, but whose short, inconsequential service in the CSA is all the lib-tards can see?